(Member) (Topic Starter)
[/size]Hi , My name is marj and i am travelling to the wonder of china in

april 2012 , can any one give me some info about what the

weather is in april, and most of all what to pack. This is my first

time with JY Regards marjorie

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hi Marj

I have asked Olly about the weather in China. He tells me to avoid July and August if I don't want rain, especially July. The more temperate months, still very warm are April, May, August and September.

When I go it will be my first single holiday apart from a Discovery weekend to Leeds in August.

Hope that Olly's weather forecast is correct.

Peter :):)

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hello again Marjorie

I am afraid I got confused in my reply to your question re the weather. Olly's reply was to miss out July and August because they are the rainy months if I didn't want the rain. The best time to go, for me at least, is April,May,September or October when it is warm but not too hot. Sorry for the confusion in my first reply.

You have made sure of your booking nice and early. Hope it goes well for you. What date are you travelling on.

jwb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Marj,

I did this trip, including Yangtze add on, in early May this year. The weather was pleasantly warm with the odd shower of rain. You need comfortable, casual clothes and especially shoes as there are a lot of steps to be negotiated. The schedule is very busy from the time you land until the time you return home so you won't be bored!! Also best to take some travel toilet paper for public loo's and some hand sanitiser or wipes. I'm sure you will have a fantastic time, I certainly did!!

Hope this is of some help.

John

debisheffield
(Member)
Hello Marj

I went in April this year.

It was FANTASTIC! My first Just You and it couldn't have been better :)

We had one morning's rain (so waterproof needed) but it never dropped below 18C and steadily warmed up to over 30C in Xian. I took lightweight trousers, skirts, T shirts of all sleeve lengths and some pretty things for evening, and a cardigan or two. Layers basically! And good shoes for walking/climbing the Wall!

It's a full on holiday , long days but every minute was worth it.

Hope you enjoy yours as much

Debi

warbiesbread
(Member)
'marj' wrote:

[/size]Hi , My name is marj and i am travelling to the wonder of china in

april 2012 , can any one give me some info about what the

weather is in april, and most of all what to pack. This is my first

time with JY Regards marjorie

Hi,

I have just registered with JY community and am also going to the wonders of china, but in September 2011. Have you tried googling climate in china? I found that helped. I`m wondering bout currency and how much to take. Regards, Marion

marj
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Peter wrote:

Hello again Marjorie

I am afraid I got confused in my reply to your question re the weather. Olly's reply was to miss out July and August because they are the rainy months if I didn't want the rain. The best time to go, for me at least, is April,May,September or October when it is warm but not too hot. Sorry for the confusion in my first reply.

You have made sure of your booking nice and early. Hope it goes well for you. What date are you travelling on.

Hi Peter im of to china on the 18th April 2012 just hope all goes well

Regards Marjorie