patricebry
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
HI,

I'm going on this holiday, flying from Liverpool. Anyone else going on the same holiday? Or anyone already been and can send me a few tips? This will be my 7th JY holiday and they have all been fabulous!!

Regards, Patsyb

janeyalan
(Member)
'patricebry' wrote:

HI,

I'm going on this holiday, flying from Liverpool. Anyone else going on the same holiday? Or anyone already been and can send me a few tips? This will be my 7th JY holiday and they have all been fabulous!!

Regards, Patsyb

Have just been on this trip, it was really great, extra excursions worth taking. Just wish I had taken travel kettle as an early morning tea or coffee would have been good. Hotel was lovely and a good choice of food, especially the locally caught fish. Enjoy

bondensbabe
(Member)
Just returned too. I agree about the travel kettle! Hotel is amazing. Not much in San Marco but the bare essentials, small supermarket, and a few bars, but more for shopping in Santa Maria after a nice walk along the local beach. Or you can get the local bus. Plenty of ATM's there too. I took money using one of the cash passports and there was no problem using it in the ATM. Hotel does not exchange money or take travellers cheques, but as far as I know they are okay with credit cards.

Tried to post some pics for you to see last night, but nothing doing. Will only say on a tip that take some warm clothes for nighttime as it can get a bit chilly in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was really good, and the evening meal was too. The seafood is yummy, although the service in the restaurant was a little slow at times.

The bar is not a cash one. You get a card and then settle up at the end of the week. Nice choice of drinks and you can get your coffee there after your evening meal. The staff are very friendly and helpful. My room on the second floor was amazing, although I know a few people found the bed a little hard. Lovely to fall asleep at night to the sound of the waves.

I enjoyed the excursions I went on, but due to the remoteness of the area there is a lot of travelling on the coach if you want to do them. I didnt do the Amalfi one as I had been before, but the Monastry and Caves was really good. Just take good footwear, as some of the walking can be a little rough. Great guide in the caves.

bondensbabe
(Member)
Just returned too. I agree about the travel kettle! Hotel is amazing. Not much in San Marco but the bare essentials, small supermarket, and a few bars, but more for shopping in Santa Maria after a nice walk along the local beach. Or you can get the local bus. Plenty of ATM's there too. I took money using one of the cash passports and there was no problem using it in the ATM. Hotel does not exchange money or take travellers cheques, but as far as I know they are okay with credit cards.

Tried to post some pics for you to see last night, but nothing doing. Will only say on a tip that take some warm clothes for nighttime as it can get a bit chilly in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was really good, and the evening meal was too. The seafood is yummy, although the service in the restaurant was a little slow at times.

The bar is not a cash one. You get a card and then settle up at the end of the week. Nice choice of drinks and you can get your coffee there after your evening meal. The staff are very friendly and helpful. My room on the second floor was amazing, although I know a few people found the bed a little hard. Lovely to fall asleep at night to the sound of the waves.

I enjoyed the excursions I went on, but due to the remoteness of the area there is a lot of travelling on the coach if you want to do them. I didnt do the Amalfi one as I had been before, but the Monastry and Caves was really good. Just take good footwear, as some of the walking can be a little rough. Great guide in the caves.