Jackie55
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Not long to go now till my first trip with Just You, I am getting excited and nevous. I am off to China, 3 May 2011. I am hoping that someone can advise me what is the best currency to take. I already have some Chinese money (£50 worth) but I am not sure if I should take £sterling or US Dollars. I will be taken my debit card with me in case I need to get some more money from the ATM.

Thanks for your help:thumbup:

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Jackie,

I was there last month & you are doing the right thing - only taking about £50 worth of yuan because the exchange rate is better in China & everywhere has to offer the same rate over there.

You can exchange money at the hotel reception & I took Sterling & found it really easy. All meals are included so you only need spending money for drinks & presents etc. - do treat yourself!

I also took my debit & credit cards - remember to notify your bank & credit card company that you are going to China so they will not block the cards. Your tour manager will help you if you have any problems so do not worry.

Have a great time - I know you will - you are in for the experience of a lifetime. It is very fast-paced but oh so much fun.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel: