Craftyd
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked a last minute place on the Wonder of China Tour. It would be nice to hear from anyone else going on this trip. I have never travelled to China before - a bit worried about the food, because I have never been that adventurous and usually stick to 'meat and two veg'.
margaret tiffany
(Member)
Hi, my name is Margaret, me and my friend Jenny are going to China this will also be my first time in China. Were are you flying from. We are flying from Manchester down to Heathrow. We also are feeling as though we are going into the unknown but looking forward to it.

Could you let me know you name as i call you Craftyd

Craftyd
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Margaret, my name is Debbie. Thank you for responding to my message. I am travelling to Heathrow by coach on the day. I have never been as adventurous as this before. I have been to Canada with Just You in 2009. I had my passport back yesterday with my visa in. I am getting excited but also very nervous. I look forward to meeting you on this trip.:)

'margaret wrote:

Hi, my name is Margaret, me and my friend Jenny are going to China this will also be my first time in China. Were are you flying from. We are flying from Manchester down to Heathrow. We also are feeling as though we are going into the unknown but looking forward to it.

Could you let me know you name as i call you Craftyd

Joy8532
(Member)
Hello Margaret, Jenny and Debbie, I'm off on that trip too. My first time with JY and my first time to China. It is all very exciting and not long to go now. Joy
margaret tiffany
(Member)
'Joy8532' wrote:

Hello Margaret, Jenny and Debbie, I'm off on that trip too. My first time with JY and my first time to China. It is all very exciting and not long to go now. Joy

hi joy and debbie jenny and i are getting excited about our holiday it is my first time but jenny went on a cruise last year by herself and enjoyed it look forward to meeting you both

margaret tiffany
(Member)
hi debbie and joy not long to go now me and jenny are looking forward to our hol also looking forward to meeting both ove you margaret
LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Well Ladies,

Are you in for a treat! I have just come back from the Wonder of China trip. What can I say - Wow!!!

It is very hectic but such good fun. So much to see and do - takes your breath away!!!

Sorry Debbie - no meat and 2 veg but loads of choice for breakfast and 2 chinese type meals with lots of choices for lunch and dinner.

Take the Continental type adaptor with the 2 small pins and also the Australia type with the 2 flat moveable pins for your electric stuff.

Exchange rate for the yuan is better in China so you only need to get a little bit of Chinese currency before you go. You can exchange sterling at the reception in all the hotels and of course there are ATMs for you to use (don't forget to notify you bank).

Have a fabulous time - I know you will - and you will meet a great bunch of people (of all ages).

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

jennyw
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley

i was waiing for your reponse glad you had a great time they have just changed our hotel in ixian saying this one has a swimming pool did you stay in this one and did you have time to swim . margaret and i are really

looking forward to our trip only 3weeks and5 days not counting realy ha ha.

Hi also to Debbie and Joy loking forward to meeting you.

GH81
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all, I am thinking about booking this trip. The problem I have is that I'm a 29 year old lad and my fiance has decided she wants no more after 7 years. So I was thinking about treating myself to this trip as an early 30th prezzie to myself. I am hoping I won't feel out of place. many of my lads mates are typical lads and don't enjoy culture and i'm getting to old for the lads holidays now 🙂
SteveJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I'm on the 26th April China visit as well. Looking forward to it, I'm glad it's hectic Lesley, that's just what I was after and thanks for the tips. I see that people in Beijing are buying up iodine tablets because of the potential radiation threat from Japan. No advice back from my GP yet, anyone been advised to take them before they go or am I being paranoid :huh:
Attracta
(Member)
'GH81' wrote:

Hi all, I am thinking about booking this trip. The problem I have is that I'm a 29 year old lad and my fiance has decided she wants no more after 7 years. So I was thinking about treating myself to this trip as an early 30th prezzie to myself. I am hoping I won't feel out of place. many of my lads mates are typical lads and don't enjoy culture and i'm getting to old for the lads holidays now 🙂

Hi, I treated myself to the same holiday for my 34th birthday & went on 15th March 2011. I have to say I had a brillant time, you will love it. Only advice is to bring a memory card with loads of memory for you will take hundreds of photos and bring loo roll for use at public tolilets. Toothbrushes & paste & other toileteries are supplied in all your hotel bathrooms. I already know how great a time you will have. Enjoy :thumbup:

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
'jennyw' wrote:

Hi Lesley

i was waiing for your reponse glad you had a great time they have just changed our hotel in ixian saying this one has a swimming pool did you stay in this one and did you have time to swim . margaret and i are really

Hi Jenny,

Yes we went to a different hotel in Xian - it was part of the same group as the one in Beijing I think. Both are really great - but I don't know if you will have time to use the pool, unless you want to go without sleep. Yes this trip is very fast-paced, but such good fun.

There are so many great surprises - so I won't spoil it for you.

If you want to send postcards, the Concierge in the hotel will have stamps and will post them for you - they only take a few days.

Also a good idea is to take toilet roll for when you are out and about - those mini travel ones from the supermarkert are good - you need to preach the Gospel according to St. Andrex.

Keep counting the days - soon roll round.

Have a great time.

Be happy,

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
'SteveJ' wrote:

Hi, I'm on the 26th April China visit as well. Looking forward to it, I'm glad it's hectic Lesley, that's just what I was after and thanks for the tips. I see that people in Beijing are buying up iodine tablets because of the potential radiation threat from Japan. No advice back from my GP yet, anyone been advised to take them before they go or am I being paranoid :huh:

Hi Steve,

Don't worry, I am sure that Just You would never put you in a dangerous position regarding anything like radiation. I am sure everything will be fine.

Look forward to your trip - and enjoy. I just know you are going to have a great time.

Be happy,

Jackie M
(Member)
'GH81' wrote:

Hi, I would say go for it! I'm 27 (soon to be 28) and have already booked this trip for Nov. I, too have friends who have different ideas about what kind of holidays to go on but that's the beauty of JY - everyone is in the same boat.

Joy8532
(Member)
'LovelyLesley1' wrote:

'jennyw' wrote:

Hi Lesley

Hi Jenny,

Yes we went to a different hotel in Xian - it was part of the same group as the one in Beijing I think. Both are really great - but I don't know if you will have time to use the pool, unless you want to go without sleep. Yes this trip is very fast-paced, but such good fun.

There are so many great surprises - so I won't spoil it for you.

If you want to send postcards, the Concierge in the hotel will have stamps and will post them for you - they only take a few days.

Also a good idea is to take toilet roll for when you are out and about - those mini travel ones from the supermarkert are good - you need to preach the Gospel according to St. Andrex.

Keep counting the days - soon roll round.

Have a great time.

Be happy,

Hi Jenny and Debbie,

It's now getting very close and I am truly getting excited. Just put the weather for Beijing app into my phone and it's getting warm out there which I'm not complaining about, long may it continue. Look forward to meeting up with you at the airport.

See you soon,

Joy

margaret tiffany
(Member)
hi all 26th april travelers to china not long now cant wait looking forward to meeting you all at heathrow jenny and i are flying down from manchester so hope everything goes well see you all in6 days from margaret
newdoreen
(Member)
Hi everyone, I will be driving up from Minehead and staying overnight with my friend in Farnborough prior to a taxi the next day.getting quite excited now, I am pretty certain I will be the oldest on this holiday but still fit for a good few years travelling yet !! Has anyone met up previously with our tour manager who I understand is John Drylie ?

I will be celebrating my Birthday on this trip, unfortunately because they brought my departure date forward a week we will be on that plane flying home, not the most exciting time of the holiday, See you all at Heathrow Doreen

newdoreen
(Member)
Has anyone met up with our Tour leader for China 26th April. His name is John Drylie would be good to hear from you if you have Doreen
newdoreen
(Member)
'GH81' wrote:

Hi I am the other end of the age range from you and booked for that trip. Also travelling alone as Husband of 45 years suddenly up sticks and left me for someone else.There is only one way, forward , into a new life. I also celebrate my Birthday on that trip, my advice is GO FOR IT Doreen

smartin
(Member)
Hi everyone going to China . I'm thinking of going in September so I would be pleased to know how you go on. Up to now I've had two holidays with Just You one to Tuscany and the other to Sorrento ,really enjoyed them both and very impressed with the way they look after you. I've always wanted to go to China ,what an experience so I'm going for it. I'm 65 and love to dance so not ready to act the old lady yet. Although I'm a bit nervous so would love to hear how it went

Stella