Jayne O
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everybody

I am a 43 year old woman, recently separated from my husband, and felt that I wasn't going to let the grass grow under my feet so booked Lake Garda for Easter.

I wondered if anybody else on here was also going at the same time or if anybody had already done this trip and can tell me what it is like.

Am really looking forward to it but I don't know what to expect.

Look forward to hearing from you

Jayne

Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jayne

A friend and I have just booked Lake Garda for September! This will be my first JY full holiday but I did do the weekend trip to Holland a few years ago and it was great. I was going through my divorce at that time and it perked me up no end. I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Jayne O
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jools

Thank you for the reply I am so looking forward to it now. It will be good to get away for a week. Did you find that people on the trip mixed well and went around with each other during the trips.

Jayne O
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jools' wrote:

Hi Jayne

A friend and I have just booked Lake Garda for September! This will be my first JY full holiday but I did do the weekend trip to Holland a few years ago and it was great. I was going through my divorce at that time and it perked me up no end. I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Thanks Jools

I am really looking forward to it. I am not sure what to expect. I hope that I will have company on the trips. I'm sure it will be great. ]

smcgill
(Member)
'Jayne wrote:

Hi everybody

I am a 43 year old woman, recently separated from my husband, and felt that I wasn't going to let the grass grow under my feet so booked Lake Garda for Easter.

I wondered if anybody else on here was also going at the same time or if anybody had already done this trip and can tell me what it is like.

Am really looking forward to it but I don't know what to expect.

Look forward to hearing from you

Jayne

Hello Jayne

I'll be doing this trip and looking forward to it as I've never been to Lake Garda, Venice or Verona. If you're feeling the least bit apprehensive about setting off on your own, you've made a good choice with JY. You'll be well looked after by your JY tour manager and will be among plenty of like-minded people. The JY trips I've done, there's usually quite a wide age range and usually more women than men. It's good to get to chat to some of the group at the airport before you leave if you're flying from Gatwick but I'm flying from Edinburgh this time so unfortunately will miss out on that.

Hope this helps and looking forward to meeting you.

Sandra