Nickf
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone my name is Nick

I have just broken up from long term relationship, saw the site & joined, maybe wrong thing to do.

Looking at holidays but not sure where, don't want to appear a lonely old man at 54.:(:

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Nick,

I did my first (& 2nd) JY holiday last year after losing my partner, I'm 52 and found it a ideal age, sort of in te middle area. From what I've seen men tend to be aged from 40's to 70's and the ladies 20's to 70's with the majority in the 50's & 60's age range. Ladies will outnumber men.

I enjoyed both trips and found JY really well organised so I've already booked holidays in April & June.

Mick

Bridget Jane
(Member)
'Nickf' wrote:

I have just broken up from long term relationship, saw the site & joined, maybe wrong thing to do.

Looking at holidays but not sure where, don't want to appear a lonely old man at 54.:(:

Hi Nick,

I am 52 years old. I lost my husband three and a half years ago. It took me two and a half years looking at the JY brochure to pluck up the courage to book. I am due to go on the 'Magic of Kenya' trip in march and am getting really excited. All I can say is go for it. You won't know if it's ok untill you try and you have nothing to loose. Life is too short to sit on the side lines and wonder.

All the best,

Bridget

Ali Kolarova
(Member)
'Nickf' wrote:

Hi Nick,

I've just joined as well and usually have a horror of all things for "singles". No-one's responded to my post yet which doesn't bode well! I'll keep you posted if any interesting holidays are suggested 'though.

Good Luck!

Ali

julian888
(Member)
Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum :)

Julian

Nickf
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ali wrote:

'Nickf' wrote:

Hi Nick,

I've just joined as well and usually have a horror of all things for "singles". No-one's responded to my post yet which doesn't bode well! I'll keep you posted if any interesting holidays are suggested 'though.

Good Luck!

Ali

Hi Ali

Well I have just replied, never been on a site like this but the holidays sound great, just knowing where to go etc is the hard choice, I guess it is make the most of the time & enjoy life to the full.

Nick

Nickf
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bridget wrote:

'Nickf' wrote:

Hi Nick,

I am 52 years old. I lost my husband three and a half years ago. It took me two and a half years looking at the JY brochure to pluck up the courage to book. I am due to go on the 'Magic of Kenya' trip in march and am getting really excited. All I can say is go for it. You won't know if it's ok untill you try and you have nothing to loose. Life is too short to sit on the side lines and wonder.

All the best,

Bridget

Hi Bridget

I am sure you will enjoy Kenya, went there many years ago, loved it but was in the Army then. Yes I agree plucking up the courage to go somewhere on your own is not easy but life is too short as you quite rightly say.

Enjoy & take care.

Nick

Nickf
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

Hi Nick,

I did my first (& 2nd) JY holiday last year after losing my partner, I'm 52 and found it a ideal age, sort of in te middle area. From what I've seen men tend to be aged from 40's to 70's and the ladies 20's to 70's with the majority in the 50's & 60's age range. Ladies will outnumber men.

I enjoyed both trips and found JY really well organised so I've already booked holidays in April & June.

Mick

Hi Mick

Thanks for replying, the age groups are certainly varied & I had read that women out number men OMG, only joking. I really want to go out West, guess there is a little bit of cowboy in me.

So much choice, just taking the plunge but early days yet for me.

I am limited to when I go as I work abroad & work rotational, so it picking the right place at the right time.

Thanks for your message & advice.

All the best.

Nick

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Welcome to you

I have been on many JY holidays in the past four years, I am 52. Just book it and have fun

Cindy

LynnR
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Nick, know the feeling. I split from a long term relationship 16 months ago and last year slowly slowly, went and stayed with a friend in Spain twice, flew on my own. That to me was a massive step. Phew, got over that, always wanted to see the West of USA and have booked to go there. I have not regretted booking one incy wincy bit. As they say "bite the bullett" (pardon the pun) and do the trip YOU want to do after all it is now about "JUST YOU" 🙂
kimie
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Nickf' wrote:

hi nick i am new to this to bit scary but think i will do a disscovery wkend i am 52 like u idont wont to look like a sad older person

Nickf
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'kimie' wrote:

'Nickf' wrote:

hi nick i am new to this to bit scary but think i will do a disscovery wkend i am 52 like u idont wont to look like a sad older person

Hi Kimie

I am going to by pass the Discovery weekend & like others have said make up my mind & just go for it.

Also 52 is not old for sure, it is all about being positive, go & have fun, laugh & enjoy new froends & places.

Good luck.

Nick

Nickf
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Welcome to you

I have been on many JY holidays in the past four years, I am 52. Just book it and have fun

Cindy

Hi Cindy

Thanks for that, it sounds like you enjoy the JY holidays, fun & laughter all the way.

Nick

Nickf
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'LynnR' wrote:

Hi Nick, know the feeling. I split from a long term relationship 16 months ago and last year slowly slowly, went and stayed with a friend in Spain twice, flew on my own. That to me was a massive step. Phew, got over that, always wanted to see the West of USA and have booked to go there. I have not regretted booking one incy wincy bit. As they say "bite the bullett" (pardon the pun) and do the trip YOU want to do after all it is now about "JUST YOU" :)

Hi Lynn

I think going by myself anywhere will be a big step, although I do it all the time for work, as I work a long way from the UK. I want to do the West but also fancy China & Italy but one step at a time. I just want to stop feeling sad but time they say is a good healer. As you say it is all about ME.

Thanks so much.

Nick

lindyloo
(Member)
'Nickf' wrote:

'Ali wrote:

'Nickf' wrote:

Hi Nick,

Hi everyone I have just joined, might just try a short break first has anyone been on one.

I

Good Luck!

Ali

Hi Ali

Well I have just replied, never been on a site like this but the holidays sound great, just knowing where to go etc is the hard choice, I guess it is make the most of the time & enjoy life to the full.

Nick

lindyloo
(Member)
'Nickf' wrote:

'Bridget wrote:

'Nickf' wrote:

Hi Nick,

All the best,

Bridget

Hi Bridget

I am sure you will enjoy Kenya, went there many years ago, loved it but was in the Army then. Yes I agree plucking up the courage to go somewhere on your own is not easy but life is too short as you quite rightly say.

Enjoy & take care.

Nick

Hi everyone has anyone been on a sort break away and if so how did you find it, this is my first time on hear I am 52, would be good to hear from anyone. Linda

lindyloo
(Member)
Hi everyone, this my first time, has anyone been on a short break away.I am 52 and my name is Linda
Kerri
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Nickf' wrote:

sunseaandsand57
(Member)
HI , NICK I TOO AM NEW TO THIS I AM 53 YOUNG AT HEART FEMALE, AND HOPING TO GO AWAY AT XMAS FOR SUN, SEA AND SAND, WHEN ARE YOU GOING AWAY ?? LINDA
Legs11
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi nick, well i am new to this site and as i have just recently seperated from hubby quite scared in "taking the plunge". suppose what i am slightly worried about it the age range, i am 48 and a very young 48 at that! lol. think as long as i am with fun people should have fun.

Dee

x

'Nickf' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Hi Nick,

Mick

Hi Mick

Thanks for replying, the age groups are certainly varied & I had read that women out number men OMG, only joking. I really want to go out West, guess there is a little bit of cowboy in me.

So much choice, just taking the plunge but early days yet for me.

I am limited to when I go as I work abroad & work rotational, so it picking the right place at the right time.

Thanks for your message & advice.

All the best.

Nick