SusieW1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just booked my first JY holiday (National Parks and Canyons June 6th). First holiday on my own since my husband died last year, and although slightly nervous am really looking forward to going away. Is there anyone else booked on this trip?
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm torn between this holiday and the longer parks and canyons (little big horn) but am leaning towards this one and maybe do the other at a later date. Probably make a decision in the next week or so.

I did my first trip with JY to Americas Golden West last June, decided to do it after losing my partner the year before. I had travelled solo in he past but wanted to go with other like minded people. Didn't regret it met some lovely people and JY really look after you and go out their way to make it interesting ans see everyone enjoys it.

I've since been to Andalucia in november and have mallorca booked for april.

Well if I opt for this trip I'll look forward to meeting you and if not I'm sure you'll have a great time.

DebbieLS
(Member)
Hi Mick,

Like you I pondered which national park holiday to do. I went on the shorter version one year then the National Parks and Little Big horn the following. There is a bit of an overlap with Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon etc but I enjoyed seeing it over again. The longer version was the most amazing trip I have ever been on. Take the plunge and go for it. Yellowstone was awesome and the Arches and Monument valley and and and.......... Even now when I think back I can picture the amazing sights and the spirit of adventure. We none of us know whats round the corner so boiok and go. You will love it.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Decided to go for this holiday (6th June) just booked. Will probably do the longer one later this year or next year if I enjoy this one.

Reckon its going to be hot in June 100f+.

Mick

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Susie (again),

I've checked with Olly the editor and apparently there are 26 of us so far booked for this holiday.

Mick.

SusieW1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick,

I think your right about the temperature. Hot!

I shall be looking out for those Just You luggage tags at Heathrow, although I notice that the flight details have been removed from the holiday details so maybe they have changed. Hope not too much though, as Heathrow is just a quick trip down the M4 for me.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Susie,

Wouldn't mind a slightly earlier flight (just to get there earlier) especially with not flying direct. I've actually asked the editor if the flights are correct because I couldn't find it on the heathrow or UA website.

I did Americas Golden West last year and Vegas was very hot and I think Scottsdale will be hotter.

I'm heading down to Heathrow Sunday as I'm coming from Yorkshire and didn't fancy the drive Monday morning, have booked a hotel/parking deal close to the airport.

Wouldn't worry about the JY tags on long haul we get free access to a executive lounge and most people meet in there over a coffee. Will look forward to meeting you.

victor11
(Member)
'SusieW1' wrote:

I've just booked my first JY holiday (National Parks and Canyons June 6th). First holiday on my own since my husband died last year, and although slightly nervous am really looking forward to going away. Is there anyone else booked on this trip?

Hi Susie, I'm going on this trip, my second with JU. This was my first holiday after my wife died so was rather unsure but everyone was so friendly I had a great time. Look forward to meeting you in June!

Victor.