sarahlou72
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm booked for a weekend in Peterborough in March, any advice for a newbie?

:s

kelly259
(Member)
I'm going on this weekend break in March. I stayed at the hotel

last year & I was impressed enough to pay a return visit.

Kelvin

KazCross
(Member)
'sarahlou72' wrote:

Hi! I have also booked into Peterborough in March, to find out what it's all about. I'm looking forward to it, albeit slightly nervous!

sarahlou72
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Glad I booked it now! Have you been on any other holidays?

Flynn
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sarahlou72' wrote:

Same problem. Thinking about booking in March or April but no idea how many people will be there. Have this mental picture of standing at the bar wearing a carnation and carrying the times but nobody else arrives.

Flynn
  • (Member)
(Member)
Same question. Thinking about booking in March or April but don't know what to expect. Worrying about being the only bloke at the bar carrying a times and wearing a carnation button hole.
julian888
(Member)
'sarahlou72' wrote:

My advice would be simply to relax, smile and have fun! 🙂

joanian
(Member)
'Flynn' wrote:

Same question. Thinking about booking in March or April but don't know what to expect. Worrying about being the only bloke at the bar carrying a times and wearing a carnation button hole.

Feel exactly the same but from a female point of view. Scary prospect.

RosieMo
(Member)
Hi - I did a Discovery Weekend in Peterborough last November, if you are at the Marriott it is a lovely hotel with swimming pool, jaccuzi etc. I had no idea what to expect either! It was very well organised. There was a check-in table manned (womaned) by the rep when we arrived, the rep was brilliant and on hand the whole time. Welcome drink before dinner (bucks fizz or soft drink), in a separate bar area. There were about 50 people on the weekend. We had a separate room for dinner, big round tables, you move around in between courses so you get to chat to lots of people. There was a disco (in this separate room) after dinner but not everyone stayed for that. I guess there were around 7 or 8 men out of the 50. Age range 30s up to 70s. One thing that surprised me was not everyone was a newbie - I spoke to one lady who had been on three Discovery Weekends in the past 6 months!!

On the Saturday there was a trip arranged to Stamford, coach there then meet up at departure time, again not everyone went on this trip. Same setup Saturday night, dinner and disco laid on. Sunday morning there was a short (30 mins) presentation about the company and some staff there to answer any more questions and take your booking if you wanted to book a holidiay.

Of course there are people on this type of weekend who are interested in all different types of holiday - I didn't actually meet anyone who was interested in the same type of holiday as me but no worries I went ahead and booked it anyway!

Hope this helps.

Caroline17
(Member)
Hi,

After looking at the site for weeks now i have taken the plunge and have booked for a discovery weekend at peterborough on the 11th march,look forward to seeing you there,

:)

MHill
  • (Member)
(Member)
'joanian' wrote:

'Flynn' wrote:

Feel exactly the same but from a female point of view. Scary prospect.

- me too - fairly newly single at 60 and not sure of the ropes