paulagraves
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Going to the Azores in September has anybody got any hints on what to take - ie: is it dressy or casual in the evenings, what's the Hotel like and is it likely to rain a lot
Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi Paula,

Climate wise, the weather on the Azores is mild, the closest comparison would be Madeira. The weather is very localised - it can be hot with bright sunshine on the coast, whilst up in the hills and mountains only a few miles away it can be several degrees cooler with rain and mist. It is not unusual to experience four seasons in one day. Rain can suddenly start and as just as suddenly stop. The best approach to take is to dress in layers and add on or take off as necessary.

Temperatures are hotter and more humid during the summer months (June-October) when it can reach 25 degrees Centigrade. Rain never lasts long in the summer months.

With an average of 21 degrees, many different flowers are blooming throughout September. Some places even grow Tea, Bananas, pineapples, pepper and Tobacco.

I would suggest just to take light clothing such as t-shirts, vest tops, linen trousers, skirts and flip flops. It sounds like the weather is going to be like a nice summers day in England so I would pack enough light clothing to last you plus a few cardigans etc, just in case!

Your hotel, The Hotel Bahia Palace is surrounded by green hills and blue sea, the Bahia Palace Hotel is located on the beautiful Sao Miguel Island in the Azores archipelago. It has:

Billiards

Cocktail bar

Disabled facilities

Gymnasium

Internet access

Laundry facilities

Restaurant

Sauna

Swimming pool

Table tennis

Tennis court

Your room will have:

Air conditioning

Balcony / Terrace

Cable / Satellite TV

Hairdryer

In-room safe

Private bathroom / Ensuite

Telephone

Voice mail

I hope this helps. If you need anymore information on your holiday or your hotel, please let me know, will be happy to help.

Warm wishes,

Cheryl, your editor