intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
A huge THANK YOU to Marion who wrote a review re the Green Island of the Azores in May 2017.

Until I read her review The Azores were not on my list.  However Marion made it sound irresistible so I booked the holiday and have just returned. Delighted to report that it was as fantastic as she said and I enjoyed every minute.  We ate food that had been cooked in the ground for 6 hours - swam in a naturally heated lake - swam in the Atlantic Ocean - saw the most beautifully flowers - stayed in an  excellent, clean and comfortable  hotel  which had very helpful staff -  delightful changeable weather! Friendly, helpful islanders - great concert on the Friday evening  -  plenty of places to which to walk - large variety of shops - delicious cheese - local market and ‘toy town’ train.  Great Tour Manager and Local Guide.   All in all an unforgettable holiday. Thanks again, Marion. Hope you enjoy many more trips.

SusieB
(Member)
That sounds wonderful. Must admit Marion's review tempted me too and yours has just added more inspiration.

Thanks

Sue

intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Oops, forgot to say huge thank you to all my travelling companions, for loads of laughs and enjoyment. There were some nervous newbies who were going home to book their next trip. Others who were experienced JY travellers and we could exchange experiences. Really great crowd of people - as ever. Thanks everybody.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I too am getting very tempted after reading both Marion's and this review. Not sure when I can do this trip but hope it is within the next couple of years. Here's hoping that it will not be put to rest for a while.

Regards

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Great to hear, many thanks!

Cheers,

Bob