PennyJane
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there - anyone else booked on this trip?

Penny

Rushfan
(Member)
Hi Penny,

I'm on the one that leaves on Sept.5th,as the one on the 12th was cancelled.

I can't find one that leaves on 9th---or am I

misreading the brochure? !!!!

Rose

PennyJane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Rushfan

Same trip I think. I meant Sept 2009 as opposed to 2010. I booked 5th Sept, and didn't realise there was also one on 12th Sept. I look forward to meeting you. I'm really looking forward to the trip.

Penny

Rushfan
(Member)
Hi Penny,

Sorry,I misunderstood!

I have to come up from Cornwall on 4th Sept.

so will be at the Get-together at the designated hotel that night---will you be there or are you closer than me?

I look forward to meeting you-whenever!!!

Rose.

PennyJane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Rose

It's easily done isn't it (misunderstanding I mean). I won't be at the get together the night before as I live in Reading and am only about 45 minutes from Heathrow. I will just travel that morning. Have you been on one of these holidays before? I went to Italy a couple of years ago and signed up for the get together as the flights were from Gatwick. In the end, that trip was cancelled and I rebooked travelling from Bristol so didn't do the get together that time either!

Look forward to meeting you in September.

Penny

Rushfan
(Member)
Hi Penny,

No I haven't done anything like this before and am getting a bit nervous the nearer it gets!!

As you've been before can I ask a couple of questions? About how big is the group going on this-or does it depend on the particular holiday---if you know Heathrow,would I be better getting the coach from Cornwall direct to Heathrow--or the train to Reading and then some wierd change-to a coach I think!!!

Hope you don't mind me picking your brains!

Rose

PennyJane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Rose

I know what you mean, it is daunting the first time but I had such a great holiday last time, I would recommend it. When I went to Italy there were about 25 of us, various ages but mostly female. I phoned the office just before I paid my balance for this holiday and understand there are about 14 of us this time, aged 40 - 70 I believe. I don't know what to recommend for travel. The Railair from Reading is very easy, regular and quick and takes you directly to whichever terminal you want. It is a bit more difficult on the way back with a central boarding place, but there transport links between the terminals. I would think it would probably be quicker than the coach but if you can get a direct one that might be the easier option, maybe?

See you soon.

Penny

Rushfan
(Member)
Hi Penny,

Many thanks,you've put my mind at rest!

I had visions of masses of people-all strangers-which would be a bit daunting.

It seems easier to get the coach directly

from Porthleven to Heathrow,what happens then-I'm not sure!

I look forward to meeting you on the morning of the flight then-

--Haven't a clue what to pack!!!!

Rose

Jonno40
(Member)
Hi Rose.

This is the first time I've done something like this too, and although I am looking forward to the trip, like yourself, I'm feeling a bit nervous as well. I'm travelling up by coach from Pembrokeshire in West Wales on the Friday, so I'll see you at the pre-holiday get together.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Jonathan

Jonno40
(Member)
Hi Penny.

As this is the first time I've travelled on my own, I'm just trying to get to know a few people before the trip. As you won't be attending the pre-holiday get together on the Friday, I look forward to meeting you at Heathrow.

See you in September.

Jonathan

Rushfan
(Member)
Hi Jonathon,

It does seem a big thing to do at the moment!!

I'm coming up from Cornwall so have to get to Heathrow the day before--look forward to meeting you at the Get-together.

Rose

PennyJane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jonathon

I look forward to meeting you and Rose. I'm getting really excited as the trip gets closer.

Regards

Penny

Rushfan
(Member)
Well,I'm getting cold feet!!!!!
PennyJane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I do know what you mean but I'm sure we will have the time of our lives. See you soon. x
Jonno40
(Member)
Hi Rose.

I do understand too. I'm still feeling a little nervous, but at the same really excited about the holiday. I'm sure the get together will help settle the nerves, and then on Saturday, as Penny says, we can look forward to a wonderful time in Canada.

See you Friday, and have a safe trip up.

Jonathan