Harrison
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all,

Just booked this trip at the weekend. It's my first Justyou trip and I wondered if anyone else in the message board was going on Sept 17th 2009. I believe the one on the 10th Sept 2009 was booked. Anyway, I am very excited and a little nervous as it's my first venture totally on my own but I am sure everyone feels like that the first time. I'm a huge fan of Stephen Fry in America and I can't wait to be standing in front of Mount Rushmore, truly a dream. It does however, seem a long way off when you work a 10 hour day but I am sure it will race by. So if you're going, do let me know. Harrison

Lindale13
(Member)
Hiya,I am going from Heathrow on the 17th Sept on this trip,have always wanted to do this area,tried last year but it was fully booked,see you there,time will go very quickly,take care,Linda
Jersey Rose
(Member)
Hi All!.. I'm booked on the Sept 10th tour, and am travelling from Jersey via Heathrow. This is my first holiday alone, and it's a long way from home.. Anyone else going from Heathrow too? **If anyone is interested, BARRY MANILOW is in concert at the Las Vegas Hilton 24-26th Sept.. I've extended my stay 2 nights, and got tickets for both concerts... FAB end to a holiday!.. Anyone fancy joining me??
Harrison
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jerseyrose,

It's a shame you are not on my trip. It's my first time as well but I am really looking forward to it now. I managed to pick up an excellent book in waterstones covering all the national parks of the area. I was slightly concerned to see a reference to bubonic plague as one of risks listed that surrounded some of our furry friends referenced in the book but I doubt I will be close enough to inhale their fur or droppings! 🙂 I am travelling from Heathrow but work in London so I will just tube it to the airport. The airport lounge seems a good idea to get to know everyone in advance, so I am sure you will meet lots of lovely people in there. Hope the £ recovers as well against the $ for when we go. Take care Harrison

SHEELZ2
(Member)
Hi every one

I went on is tour in Oct 08, it was fantastic !!!I did the flight over Grand Canyon, WOW. Monument Valley,WOW. Bryce & Zion, Wow. Took 5 hrs video & 460 photos.You dont get a lot of time in some places as it's a long way to the next stop {toilet on bus] I would love to do it again but at my pace as you want to spend time just taking it all in. The food portions are as big as they say but some places do 50+ meals which are a better size. You wont need dressy clothes girls, no one seems to "dress" at night, just something for the Vagas night.

Enjoy. Sheelz

dmouse
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I have just booked this holiday. Look forward to meeting you all.

Have been on a few justyou holidays and have always had a good time.

Harrison
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just paid for the holiday, so I suppose I really have bought the T shirt now. I am going to try and do most of the excursions as well, such as the helicopter flight and the balloon ride (if still offered). The cook ou/westen night look fun as well but the last time I line danced was in school so that should be amusing if asked to dance at any of the western shows.
PaulineJ
(Member)
Hi there. I'm on the 10th Sept departure from Hthrw, & look forward to meeting everyone. Good news re the loo on the bus Sheelz! I think this trip will have a lot of WOW factor with all the wonderful places to be seen. Went on the Pyramids & Nile Cruise in Feb with JY for first time & they looked after us really well.

Regards, PaulineJ

Harrison
(Member) (Topic Starter)
ooh, getting excited now. Just over 3 months to go now and the £ approving against the $ very nicely. Are there any new people joined up? and of those that went in April, how was it?
Janne
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello all

I too am a first timer with JY and feeling a bit nervous about the trip but have been pleased to read the comments on here (loo on the bus is good and not needing to dress for dinner) Like Harrison I live in London so will be going to the airport by tube - surely there will be not strikes by then - so look forward to meeting up in the lounge.

Bye

Janne

Harrison
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Janne,

Glad you're on board this trip. It's my first time on a JY holiday as well and I think there are bound to be a couple of newbees. I will also probably tube it to the airport as I hoping not to have too much of a major bag with me ( although I suspect it will be stuffed full of T shirts and factor 40 sun cream. I burnt in my mothers garden the other week ha ha after only 30 minutes. The curse of having red hair.). So looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the crowd closer to the time. I think it will be fantastic. Harrison

Harrison
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone, as it is nearer the time, are any of you doing the "getting to know you option" the night before. I think it's a 3 course meal, welcome drink and transfer to the airport the next day with hotel accomadation. I live in London already but wondered whether to go as an ice breaker. Are any of you booked on this?. Best regards Harrison
IanG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Everyone ! I am booked on this trip - and also the night before at heathrow.I am really looking forward to this holiday especially yellowstone and the grand canyon.Just been watching footage of the helicopter trip over the grand canyon on Youtube - it looks amazing !This is my 4th holiday with JY and they have all been brilliant !Just another 6 weeks at work and i shall see you all at heathrow.Bye.
Janne
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Ian and Harrison. can't believe it so short a time till the holiday! The time is flying by.

I am not planning to be there the night before as I have to work up till the last minute so will see you in the lounge. Looking forward to meeting you both and the rest of the group.

dmouse
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

Look forward to meeting you all at the airport (as I also have to work till the last possible moment). I'll be the person with a cowboy hat.

Am now trying to get organised and wondering how to fit everything into my suitcase. I still pack too much despite having been on a few of these holidays.

Janne
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi dmouse I am having trouble deciding how big a case I can take and also how much to take! Glad I am not the only one! I too am not very good at traveling light but someone on here said not to take dressy stuff which is good as I don't really do that too often. I have got new but comfortable shoes for the parks and need to decide what to travel in to be comfortable on the plane. Oh so many decisions!

Still all part of the excitment. Hope you manage to get away from work in time.

See you soon

Janne

Harrison
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Another week closer to the trip, USA here we come. I am getting most excited now and I am looking forward to doing most of the add on's, although I am a little scared of the helicopter flight but I am not going all that way to wimp out. Have any of you organised your visa waiver ESTA yet or are you still waiting for your flight details etc. I believe they arrive about 10 days before we go. Anyway,not long now. I will keep my eye out for a cowboy hat. Best regards Harrison
IanG
  • (Member)
(Member)
hello everybody! I dont think you need to know the exact details about flight times.I have already filled in the esta and didnt fill in that section but was still approved.You can also travel into the US as often as you want for 2 years with the same form.Just been looking at US weather,it has been around the 100 degree mark in vegas !!!Hope it drops a bit by the time we get there!
eileen b
(Member)
Hello everyone

It is my first coach and singles holiday and I have just asked Olly lots of questions. I'm really nervous but excited as well. I'm also confused about my packing as although it's 100 in Vegas it is 3 degrees in Yellowstone at night at the moment. See you at the airport.

Eileen

dmouse
  • (Member)
(Member)
Its now less than 3 weeks to go, and I'm getting very excited. Have started to count down the days left at work (only 12).

Just a few more bits to buy and then I'll be ready. Just wondering what I'll forget to pack this year (there's always something!)