Sharon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
IS ANYONE ELSE GOING ON THIS TRIP IT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU.NOT LONG TO GO NOW

SHARON

loner
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Again Sharon,

It seems that not many of us on this trip are registered for "Just You" communication otherwise I AM SURE WE WOULD HAVE GOT SOME RESPONSE FROM OUR POSTINGS OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS.I GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL WE MEET AT THE AIRPORT TO GET TO KNOW EVERYONE ON THE TOUR.

I MUST ADMIT I WAS SURPRISED THAT YOU DID NOT APPEAR TO GET A RESPONSE FROM THE TOUR MANAGER WHEN YOU POSTED A QUERY WITH HER SOME TIME AGO THOUGH!

I HAVE NOW CANCELLED THE PREFLIGHT GET TOGETHER BECAUSE THE CAR PARK DEAL WAS WITHDRAWN,SO WILL NOW TRAVEL BY TAXI EARLY MORNING AND MEET UP WITH EVERYONE IN THE VIP LOUNGE AND WILL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THEN.

MIKE.

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mike

I can't believe the response to this trip either but like i said before maybe people are not looking at the message board.To be honest this is the first time i have responded to the message board and this will be my 5th trip.I had not even looked at the web site before to find the message board. At least there should be about 16 on this trip, well that is what i was told when i phoned to pay my balance. I was a bit worried it would be cancelled but there is enough people so although a small group it will still be a great trip.Still have to sort out the visa yet. Anyway looking forward to meeting everyone in the lounge.

See you there

Sharon

loner
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon,

When you get your visa waiver be careful about picking the right website because there are many sources who advertise to get the waiver for you but there will be a fee involved unless you do it through the American Embassy site, which is free and quite straight forward.Don't leave it until the last minute though.

Mike

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mike

Thanks for that info. I have tried before but as you say there seems to be a charge on each one i have been on so have not followed through with it, can't seem to get the right web site.

Hopefully will get it sorted. Shame about your parking problem,my friend at work will take me the night before, can't be doing that really early morning from home . Makes life a bit easier only leaving from the hotel straight to the airport. Anyway see you there and whoever else will be going.

Sharon

Ju
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mike and Sharon, I have been booked on this for some time but didn't realise this page was here!

I will be staying at the hotel for the meet and greet on the Saturday, this is my first single holiday, have you been before?

Julie

k80
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon, Mike and whoever else is going.... is this trip the same as the "The Music Capitals of the Deep South"? departing on 20th September - if so - then hey ho - I'm going too - is anyone else meeting up the evening before? I will be there.

K80...

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hI K80

AT LAST SOMEONE ELSE HAS RESPONDED TO THIS TRIP.YES THIS IS THE TRIP FOR THE 20TH SEPTEMBER AND IT WON'T BE LONG NOW. I AM GOING TO STAY AT A HOTEL THE NIGHT BEFORE JUST MAKES LIFE EASIER FOR THE MORNING. IT MAY ONLY BE A SMALL GROUP GOING ON THIS ONE. I WAS TOLD ABOUT 16 WHEN I PHONED BUT THAT IS A NICE NUMBER.HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS IS A GREAT HOLIDAY SO ROLL ON 20TH. LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU THERE

SHARON

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julie

Nice to hear from someone else doing this trip. Yes i have been with Just you before, this will be my 5th trip. Don't worry i know it is a bit daunting at first but there is nothing to worry about.Every trip i have been on have been a great experience. You will probably find you can't wait to book your next one. Yes i am staying the night before but not at the hotel with the pre tour get together so will meet up in the exec lounge and see you there.

Sharon

k80
  • (Member)
(Member)
Oh this is great - Sharon and Julie - it's nice to get a chance to speak to you before the trip, I have been away a few times on my own before but this trip is the first time I have been with Just You, I have always wanted to do the Deep South experience and this one sounds fabulous. When I paid my balance there was about 20 on the trip - so it's a fair number now.
Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello all

Not long now, documents have arrived so been busy looking at the hotels on the internet which look great.Anyone looked at the Dollywood Park and the water rides, they look great fun if your up for a good soaking. Not sure what shoes to take apart from sandals. Hopefully the weather is going to be good and thats all we need.See you in the exec lounge.

Sharon

loner
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon,Julie & K80,

It's really good that there is some response at long last to the messages that Sharon and me have been posting.

Not long now and we will be able to put names to faces.I must say K80 really has me intrigued??

Unfortunately the car park deal which had been offered for those staying overnight was withdrawn at the last minute and I therefore cancelled the overnight stay at the hotel and opted for a 4-30 am taxi instead,so I will be the one almost asleep when we meet up in the vip lounge.

I have been known to recover quickly when faced with an alcoholic stimulant however! so don't be shy.

I look forward very much to meeting up with all of you next week.

Mike

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi k80

Nice to hear from you again,This time next week will be busy getting things together although already have started putting things out.Are you staying the night before or going up in the moning? Think there are 16 on this trip as that is what was stated on the final paper which is a nice number,so here's to rocking and roll on next week

Sharon

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mike

Nice to hear from you again, at least now there are some more of us. I think k80 could be katie but will find out soon and i may be wrong.Will that be a black coffee before or after your alchoholic beverage.Anyway looking forward to meetimg everyone although a bit nervous, i always am but soon get over that so here's to a great time

Sharon

k80
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone,

Yup - it's Katy, my e-mail address is k80 and this is where it derives from, i get kept in the loop of new stuff from my kids and grandkids...gotta keep with the times!! I'm staying at Gatwick's Crown Plaza on Saturday night - and i hope you are all coming along! I'm packed, ready, car's away in it's bed and i'm just waiting for the taxi...!

K80