Teresa68
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello all ,

Well I've taken the plunge and booked my first JY holiday ! Is anyone else on this trip? I'm also a little concerned because i'm 40 is anyone from my age group going to be there ?

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am doing this trip in May, dont worry about your age there is always a varied age range, but every one gets on fine, I was 46 when I went on my first one,and I wasnt the youngest.

Cindy

Teresa68
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cindy

Firstly thank you for your reply , You must let me know what it was like when you return in may. Give me some tips on what you may think could be useful for me to take with me .

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi. I am planning to do this trip in October 11th I think. Austria is a briliant country. I went there for the past two Christmases. And would be nice to see it, when it is not so cold. As for the age range you, will be fine. I look forward to hearing about your trip
LynnK
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy - took the plunge and booked my first solo holiday with JY to the Austrian Lakes in October. Looking forward to meeting you and hopefully being in contact with fellow travellers prior to the main event! Feeling a little nervous, but at the same time looking forward to what will I hope be the first of many JY holidays.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I MUST SAY THE SCENERY WAS BREATH TAKING ON THIS TOUR, the Strand Hotel we stayed at was very nice there is no lift, and rooms are on 1st and 2nd floors, no ground floor. I am a vegetarian and they catered for me just fine.Do take a hairdryer as there are none in this hotel.

Trips out were really good, I did not pay for the extra tours 1 Day I got public bus with someothers and we headed of to a town, and the other day we got the ferry(Boat) and did the round trip on the lake and got of and mouched around which made a change from the coach. Our Rep Greta was very good, and had a vast amount of knowledge. I would certainley recommend this JY Tour, value for money I thought.

Cindy

SueP365
(Member)
Hi Teresa,

I'm also doing this trip in September (27th) and am in my 40's. I'm going from Gatwick, what about you? I've been on 4 other Just You trips, and love them, you'll have a wonderful time I'm sure.

regards

Sue P

navigator
(Member)
Hi, I am posting here on behalf of my mum Jane who adores travelling and very reluctant to take the plunge going solo! I am committed to convincing her its the best thing she could do - she came away with me last year to Greece and had such fun but I am unable to go away this year as I am setting up in business. If anyone out there could pass on words of encouragement Id be so grateful. She is great fun and and very young at heart - I am convinced she just needs to dip her toe in the water so to speak!
JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Lynn

I am so pleased you have decided to go for a break with Just You. And Austria is a great place to start, I went to Austria the past two Christmases with Just you. And it was around a similar area that you will be visiting in October. Unfortunately I will not be on this trip. And decided to venture into Germany in September instead. However Austria is on my list perhaps next summer time.

Good luck on your trip. And i can assure you, you will be fine

Regards Andy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
NAVIGATOR

Have you not shown your Mum the comments on the boards from people who have had worries etc?. I have done 5 JY Hols first was to USA with my Ma In Law, on that tour I met a lady who I have done another USA JY tour with, I went to Poland on my own and met two ladies who I have since been to Austrian Lakes Tour JY with, I have also done USA on my own JY tour Memphis and Nashville. She should not be worried, most people start of not knowing anybody but within a very short space of time people bond together, they are completley safe and you are well looked after from start to finish of the tour. She might be like me and make holiday friends so you can then buddy up on other holidays, I have just booked Safari for next year with Lady I went to Poland and Austria with..So Great fun to be had..

Pick a holiday that she likes the look of then she will have something in common with her fellow travelling companions...

Strangers are just friends you have not met yet..

Cindy

Sleekknight3
(Member)
HI Sue

I, too, am taking this trip on Sept 27 and leaving from Gatwick. This is my second tour with JY as I went, with a friend, to Germany for Christmas which was absolutely wonderful,but this time I am on my own. A bit nervous but also excited.

Hope to see you there.

Catherine

Teresa68
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sue, Catherine,

Oh thank heavens I've just breathed a sigh of relief to see that your both going on the same trip. I was starting to worry that i'd done the wrong thing booking it. I'm getting a connecting flight down to Gatwick from Manchester( nervous about that as never done before )can't wait to meet you both probably in the departure lounge.

Teresa x

SueP365
(Member)
Hi Catherine and Teresa,

glad there is some more people going from Gatwick, last year we had 1 lady who travelled from Heathrow and was all on her own. will look out for "Just You" labels on hand luggage in the departure lounge - I find this is the best way of finding fellow travellers.

Teresa what time does your flight arrive from Manchester - you do know that the times are not as published on the invoice, the departure time is actually 08.45 (I looked on the BA website, and questioned it with Just You, who confirmed that it is 08.45) return flight is also different, arrives 13.35 - you may want to phone JY to double check with them, don't want you missing the flight. With 2 weeks to go you probably have time to change your connecting flight if necessary. I'm staying at the Yotel in Gatwick seeing as we have to check in by 06.45, I live close to gatwick, but no trains at that time of the morning!

looking forward to meeting you both.

I'm sure we are going to have a great time.

regards

Sue

Sleekknight3
(Member)
Hi Sue & Teresa

Looking forward to meeting you both at the airport. I am lucky cos my son is driving me to Gatwick as I only live about half an hour away - so no worries about not getting there on time. Any idea what the weather will be like in Austria at that time of year? What to pack? Look forward to any replies.

Catherine

Teresa68
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sue,

I actually fly down the day before on the saturday , and I'm also staying in a hotel in Gatwick the night before. It's the Sofitel Hotel I'm in maybe we should meet for a drink Saturday night? Give us both something to do whilst we are killing time.

Teresa68
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Catherine,

Well I looked at the weather the other day and it gave 23 degrees for the whole of the week I looked . So appeared reasonably mild . I would have thought that it's probably like home though dropping cool in the evening. Iintend to take a hole host of casual daytime gear and comfy shoes we can walk in on the trips and the odd light fleece .Putting in a couple of dresses though in case we decide to have drinky-poos in the bar 1 night ( you never know )after all we are on holiday !! I might even push the boat out and put a pair of heels in the case.

I'm getting quite excited bout it now 1 week to go and counting !!

Teresa x

SueP365
(Member)
Hi Catherine,

I've been looking on the web and unfortunately it's been raining and not to warm. But I'm sure that won't stop our enjoyment of the holiday. Probably best to look at a 5 day forecast on friday or saturday to give us some idea of what it will be like. I too don't live far from the airport, but have to travel by train, none that time on a Sunday morning, so staying in the Yotel.

Can't wait, 1 week to go.

see you in the departure lounge.

regards

Sue

Sleekknight3
(Member)
Hi Sue and Teresa

So glad you replied. I also looked at the weather forecast and saw that there seems to be a lot of rain but like you say Sue I will check nearer the time. Drinky poos in the bar - what ever next Teresa!!!!!! Like you I will be taking comfy shoes for walking and a waterproof - that way the rain might keep off. But we hopefully will have a good time. Look forward to seeing you both at the airport.

Catherine

SueP365
(Member)
Hi Teresa and Catherine,

I'm staying at the new Yotel, which is actually under the airport. very basic, but it's a bed and a bathroom. I plan to try and check in on Sunday between 6.15 and 6.30am as I like to give loads of time for airport shopping.

Can't wait now, only 1 1/2 days left to work and off we go. really looking forward to meeting you both. must look out for each other at the airport. trying not to pack too much as I'll only have to carry it, but have taken a mixture of clothes.

See you Sunday

Sue

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi All,

I have Just booked this trip for early next May, And would appreiciate any tips or advice, which would be useful.

Regards Andy