midge
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
First timer travelling from Bristol. Anyone else going?
bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Booked this trip last week really looking forward to it. I will be travelling from Newport South Wales to Gatwick

Regards

Bev

midge
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bev

Looking forward to meeting you in Italy. But is there anyone going from Bristol on this date.

Sandra

Annm
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Midge & Bev

I too am booked on this holiday and will be flying from Glasgow on 23rd June to leave from Gatwick on 24th. This will be my 4th holiday with Just You and am looking forward to meeting fellow travellers on this trip.

regards

Annm

bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann

Look forward to meeting you in Tuscany.

Best Wishes

Bev

bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann

Seems I was a bit dim when replying!!, I too will be staying overnight at Gatwick, will need to book hotel nearer the time, may be we could meet up.

Best Wishes

Bev

Annm
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bev

Sorry for delay in replying. i'm now booked to stay at Gatwick Mercure on 23rd June. Glasgow flight arrives at 20.25, so hopefully should be in hotel by 2100. Would be delighted to meet up with you if you are booked into same hotel, if not, then at the airport before departure.

Annm

bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann

Checked out your hotel, it seems very reasonable, have you stayed there before or did Holiday Extras give you info.

Best Wishes

Bev

Annm
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bev

I booked it through Holiday Extras and know people from a previous holiday who used it. The gentleman at Holiday Extras certainly was happy to recommend it. I am also staying there on return from Tuscany as our flight arrives in Gatwick after the last flight of the day to Glasgow has departed. Maybe there are other passengers on this holiday booked there as well. Look forward to hearing your plans.

Annm

Annm
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bev

I booked it through Holiday Extras and know people from a previous holiday who used it. The gentleman at Holiday Extras certainly was happy to recommend it. I am also staying there on return from Tuscany as our flight arrives in Gatwick after the last flight of the day to Glasgow has departed. Maybe there are other passengers on this holiday booked there as well. Look forward to hearing your plans.

Annm

bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann

Love to join you if you don't mind it would be great to have some company on 23rd share a meal and a glass of vino!! Have you booked for breakfast on the 24th?

Best Wishes

Bev

bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann

Me again, I have booked the Mercure Hotel and will also be stopping over on the way back, didn't realise how late we got in and didn't fancy arriving back home at one or two in the morning.

Keep in touch

Best Wishes

Bev

Annm
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bev

Pleased to hear you are booked at Mercure, not booked for breakfast yet, will do so on arrival, but well done for being booked for breakfast..you are organised. I won't arrive at the hotel until nearer 9pm which is a bit a bit late for dinner, but perhaps we could have a drink or coffee.

Annm

bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann

Sorry to disappoint I'm not that organized!! will book breakfast when I arrive just wasn't sure if you had to say when making the booking.

I am off to Spain 19th May with JY my first holiday abroad by myself. Nervous but really looking forward to it. Just need to sort my clothes etc.

Will let you know how I get on

Best Wishes

Bev

Annm
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bev, my first JY holiday was to Mijas for Treasures of Andalucia in Sept '08 and like yourself was anxious as were many of my fellow travellers. Nothing to be worried about- we mixed well, had a superb Tour Manager, hotel in Mijas was excellent...set into the hillside as you came into the town..it is very Spanish in its architecture and interior furnishings. So if you are travelling on that same holiday, you will have no problems. Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Annm

bevt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann

Yes it is the same tour, just hoping everything gets back to normal following the volcanic ash and that my flights times stay the same. Waiting until Monday to check with JY before booking National Express coach to heathrow.

Will let you know how I got on and great to hear the hotel was good, did read a few mixed reports about the food. Sure I won't starve!!!

Best Wishes

Bev

midge
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I`m still hoping there is somebody else out there travelling to Tuscany from Bristol on 24 June. I`m a 1st timer and would love to meet up with a fellow traveller.

Sandra

Nel
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all!

I am travelling from Manchester for this trip - see you in Tuscany on 24th! To those 1st time solo flyers dont worry the time soon passes & its quite interesting people watching en route. This is my first Just You holiday so really dont know what to expect, but looking forward to it all the same.

Helen

midge
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Helen

Thanks for the reassurance. I`m really looking forward to meeting with all going on this trip. I get to Pisa at 10.10. What time do you arrive as according to brochure those travelling from Gatwick don`t leave until 11.40?

Nel
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

Apologies for not replying sooner, forgot to check with Jet2 re flight times. I land at Pisa at 11:00, so will probably see you at the airport or if not the hotel.

Helen