pennyw
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just booked this one anyone else on this trip yet? First timer with Just You!
TraceyT
(Member)
Hi Penny

I am booked for this tour. I am doing highlights of Thailand in five weeks with JY so it will be my second time!

Tracey

pennyw
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Tracey thanks for reply, enjoy Thailand Ive been to Singapore several times with family and that is fab! Whereabouts are you in the UK Im in Devon area long drive to Heathrow in March.
TraceyT
(Member)
Hi Penny I am is Essex so I only have about one hour thirty minutes to the Airport.

I am looking forward to Thailand but also USA it will be great to have something to look forward to after Christmas.

The time will soon fly and we will be off.

Love

Tracey

Mary1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Penny and Tracy, I have just had to rebook this holiday as the one I was going on in January has been cancelled.Its my first time with JY. I live in Preston Lancashire so am traveling down on the Sunday and staying at Heathrow. I think there were only 2 of us booked onto the Jan 17th trip so I think that is why they have cancelled,hopefully this date will be ok.hope to hear from you soon.Mary1
Mary1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Brian, I have been to Florida before but not to California,also never by myself so I am really looking forward to it. I think there are quite a few people going in March as they told me there were only 8 places left.I am sure it will soon come round after christmas,keep in touch,Mary
Gina L
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mary, Penny, Tracey & Brian. I'm booked for this holiday too so 50% of those currently booked are now in touch on this forum. Phone call to JY yesterday confirmed 8 travellers - 6 ladies and 2 men. My first time with Just you and to the US but looking forward to it. Perhaps we can meet up at the airport before our flight?
Mary1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gina, its my first time with just you as well,although I have been to America before but not by myself. I am traveling down on the Sunday and have booked in at the Rennaisance Hotel at Heathrow for the night. Where are you travelling from? I would love to meet up at the airport if you want to I am sure the time would pass a lot quicker on the flight if we met before. Hope to hear from you soon.Mary
gina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mary

I live in Berkshire so will either travel by train - or car to leave at Heathrow, or get a lift. I'm not sure yet which will be the best option. (I usually just travel to Gatwick on the train.) Would love to meet you - and any others on this holidy - prior to flight. I see we have use of an executive airport lounge so that would be the best place to meet.

josie7
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everybody

I have signed up for this trip. It will be my third holiday with Just You. I live in Devon but might go up before and stay with my daughter who lives near London, but will decide nearer the time.

Josie

pennyw
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Josie I live in Devon also, maybe we can arrange something together for getting to Heathrow. Just an idea.. Love to meet everyone at Heathrow prior to flight, I have been to USA four timers but Florida every time. This time its my treat for my 50th Birthday, always wanted to see Las Vegas really cant wait.

Penny w

Kazz1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

Just joined because this thread caught my eye. I am really really interested in this holiday not booked yet but tempted. LOL

Has anyone booked any of the Optional excursions

* San Francisco harbour cruise

* San Francisco helicopter flight

* Flight over the Grand Canyon

* Rat Pack show in Las Vegas

* Las Vegas helicopter flight

Or can anyone recommend any of them. Think I would like to see the rat pack in vegas and fly over the Grand Canyon?

So anyone any information and whatever I decide I hope you all really enjoy a fantastic holiday.

Mausie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi to everyone going on this fantastic trip. I went on it last month and throughly enjoyed it. Have to warn you though that it is very very hectic, most mornings up and out very very early!! Loved San Francisco and would recommend that you book to go over to Alcatraz, for me this was one of the highlights.You can book them now through their website which is www.alcatrazcruises.com. It was very hot when we were there but don't know what the temperatures will be like in March.Another must is the Rat Pack show in Vegas, amazing.You can have your photo taken afterwards with them, also a must is the Grand Canyon trip which is booked through the Tour Manager, but again a very early start - 4.30am, but it is well and truly worth it. Also did the aerial tramway but wasn't too keen on this, but I think it depends on whether you can cope with a revolving cable car at over 8,000 feet!! There were so many highlights of this trip and I know that you will all have a fantastic time, especially in Vegas, all the hotels are amazing and you must go down to Fremont Street at night. Well have a great time and perhaps when you get back you can let me know how you got on.

Maureen

Mary1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maureen, Thanks for all the information about this trip.I am going in March but have booked an extra 3 night in Los Vegas.I wonder if anyone else has booked this, it sounds like we will need a couple of extra days to get over the early mornings!Thanks for the information.Is there anyone going from the North of England or is everyone from the south? Mary1
josie7
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Penny

I submitted a reply a couple of days ago, but it doesn't seem to have taken, so here goes again.

I live in the South West of Devon, what part are you in

REally looking forward to meeting everybody in the Exec.Lounge. Its nice to know some people before embarking on such a long flight - not looking forward to that part of the trip though. I have done longer ones before but a long time ago.

Best Wishes

Josie

pennyw
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Josie,

I am in Plymouth. Whereabouts are you in Devon?

josie7
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Penny

So am I

Josie

josie7
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI Penny

What a surprise. I would give you my email address but not sure about putting it on the message board. I will try to find out how to get it to you without revealing it to the world

Josie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi folks, I'm also booked onto this hol and really looking forward to it. I'm living in Co Wexford, but will be flying from Belfast and hopefully joining you in Heathrow! This will be my 2nd JY hol after being in Andalucia in Sept and I can't wait!

All the best,

Bob

dazgrice
(Member)
Hi!

Have just booked to go on this tour.

It is absolutley brilliant! I did the same tour last year and just had to do it again, its so fantastic.

If anyone has any questions I will gladly help put minds to rest.

We are in for a real treat. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes

Darren