John - halesowen
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked up the Jordan to the Pyramids holiday for Feb next year. Anybody been on this trip have any advise on currency, optional excursions, etc. Thanks John
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi John,

Going on this trip in September. Need Jordanian dollars or Egyptian pounds. They reckon that a supply of American dollars are much in demand for services. The optional trip to Wadi Rum is a must. The red rocks in the different shades, Bedouin tea and where Lawrence of Arabia was filmed. Weird film but does show the area well.I shall hope to find a glass bottom boat to see the fish and coral at Aqaba as i do not swim very well and certainly not going for the diving!The only bit that I am worried about is the ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba. I have read on line that this can be a bit awkward as you leave your cases in a hold and then collect later. Sounds a bit dodgy.

I hope to have a great time and hope you do too. Jan.

John - halesowen
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jan

thanks got your response. Very helpful. I hope you have a great time in September

John

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi John,

Meant to put Jordan Dinars, not dollars. 5 weeks to go and I am getting to the point of nervous intrepidation now.

sheila52
(Member)
Hi Jan ,

Looking forward to meeting you, and everyone.

I can't believe it's only 5 weeks to go! I have got over my nerves now and just so looking forward to this trip.

Sheila52