Terri
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi. Only one week to go now and really excited. Is there anyone else on this trip besides me?? Actually I know there are three other people because of my last posting on the message board, but who else is travelling on 13th October? It would be nice to contact you before we go.
janem
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI terri, my nsme is Jane and I shall be on the M of K (but NOT add-on) 13.10.10. Am really excited about this. Look forward to meeting you at Heathrow.
Terri
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jane. I am so looking forward to this holiday and meeting lots of people. I usually go with SOLOs but decided on a change this time. I know of three other people who are on the trip - Suz D, Alison and Nick. I believe they are all travelling from Manchester. See you in the lounge on Wednesday!
nickcunni
(Member)
Hi well only two days to go now see you all in airport lounge
Terri
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Still can't really believe that I am going to Kenya. Once I am at the airport and my luggage has gone I think I will really believe it! See you on Wednesday.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
To you all

I came back from Safari + add on yesterday holiday of a lifetime...if flying from LHR you get allowence of 2 bags, each can way 23kgs so lots of clothes etc.. 1 a suitcase 1 a holdall.

I got bitten lots, so plenty of spray and anti histamine tabs etc... this was not on safari but at Travellers lodge... also take immodium type medacine as lots suffered with stomach upsets. There is a cildrens aids orphange near by so it you want to take pens/books/clothes new or used they would be most welcomed also money, you dont have to arrange a time, just ask the taxi drivers at the hotel they know the way..the KIDS loved the visit. On site there is massages etc.. I made full use of this and manicure, prices were so cheap. There is a supermarket close by so taxi driver takes you and waits for you ..if splitting the cost between 4 its value for money 1000ksh.... I took far to many clothes it was so HOT!!!..so never wore cardigan anorak walking shoes etc, just very little as so hot and sticky. You do not need to take pool side towels these are provided in both hotels. In second hotel, to make a change from buffett food, some of us paid for meal in Indian and Italian restraunte both good prices and good meals. Flights there and back went to time, night flying is hard as I couldnt sleep so very tired next day. You can get duty free on way back at Nairobi airport. I used Kenyan shillings all over,but USD are accepted in places. No hairdryer in Ashnil Aruba Lodge..and no kettles in the bedrooms in either hotel.. some of the extra trips are quite a bit of money, the people who went on dolphin trip had amazing day but it was long day in the heat. You will have a great time and the animals were just out of this world..

Have fun

Cindy