MLB
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi JY

Just a quick question about the itinerary for Breathtaking New Zealand in Jan 2025 because the South Island leg of the tour on the website seems to have been reversed since I booked in April. (and did the tour last time)

The map on the website remains the same but in the details of the itinerary, the route now goes from Christchurch to Queenstown via Omarama and then returns via Franz Josef, with the TranzAlpine train journey coming down from Arthur's Pass on the final full day of the trip. Previously, the train journey was mid way through the holiday on the first full day on the South Island and went up to Arthur's Pass before the coach continued to Hokitika and an overnight stay at Franz Josef. There are also no hotels currently listed for nights 11 and 15.

I'm sure it won't make much difference but I noticed that the New Zealand add-on for the Australian tour still features the old South Island route and includes the Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier and the Heritage Gateway Hotel in Omarama that have 'fallen off' the Breathtaking New Zealand itinerary.

I know we will get our finalised itinerary in the post in a couple of months but I'd be grateful if you could clarify things - I'd be really disappointed if we are no longer staying at Franz Josef overnight because the little wildlife sanctuary there is delightful.

Thanks

Mandy

Just You
(Administration)
Hi Mandy,

Thanks for your message, and your eagles eyes! The Jan 25 itinerary has not changed order, it's a technical issue on the website which we will resolve. We hope you have a fabulous time and be sure to get in touch with us at editor@justyou.co.uk to tell us all about your travels - and of course let the community know all about your trip.

If there's anything else we can help with let us know.

Best wishes,

Just You