BigSue62
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
I have just returned from this holiday (12/5-19/5).

My first solo holiday. There were 25 in the group, some more experienced than others. But everyone was friendly and supportive. Our local guide Gianna was very knowledgeable and friendly. As was our tour rep Sue. They were very efficient when a couple of folks had falls. Nothing was too much trouble. 

I found the walks quite challenging, definitely more like hiking than walking! The poles were a god send!

Our final walk was the big one, the walk of the gods! There was an option, before starting the 1700 steps, to get a local bus down to Positano. About 10 of us wanted to do this, but were unable to get onto the bus, as it was full. There were lots of people waiting for the next one, so I doubt we wouldn't of made it onto that one either. We tried to get taxi's, but none were available. This really needs to be properly arranged to allow people to miss the steps if they need to. In the end we all had to walk down the steps. Not ideal. Sue was upset and annoyed that we couldn't get onto the bus, it wasn't her fault.

The scenery on all of the walks was just stunning! So many wild flowers and butterflies!

I did the optional tour to Pompeii. Enjoyed it very much. Our guide Franco was excellent!

We stayed at the hotel Piccolo Paradiso. It is in a gorgeous spot, overlooking the sea. I paid for a sea view, worth every penny. Stunning sunsets!

The rooms are basic. Kettle and fridge. The complementary tea and coffee weren't automatically topped up, had to ask for them. Cleaning was a bit hit and miss. Bathroom was always cleaned but the floors not so much. I also found a luggage tag (with full details on) from a previous guest and half eaten ice cream tub in the little freezer.

Ok. The food. For a country famed for its fantastic cuisine, this did not apply to this hotel. It was very disappointing. We had to order at breakfast for dinner. Starter, main course and random (no choice of ) dessert. It reminded me of school dinners! Not much fresh produce on our plates. Tinned peas. Mozzarella that seemed mass produced, it was square! I can buy better here at home! No oil or balsamic was produced unless we asked for it. Under cooked fish.

Buffet style continental breakfast. The only fruit was apples and oranges. Why not a bowl of fresh fruit salad? All of the little shops were selling the most delicious fresh  fruit!

The other guests appeared to be having much nicer looking dinners than us. We were the only ones to order at breakfast.

I did have a lovely holiday! Made some great friends! And no blisters!

( just a few minutes from the hotel is a simply divine Agri Tourismo called La Lobra. They do the most incredible food. All home grown organic and home made. And you dine under the lemon trees! Bellisima!)

Just You
  • (Administration)
(Administration)
Dear Sue,

We are glad you enjoyed your Just You holiday and made some new friends, thank you for your feedback which will be shared with the relevant teams, your comments will help us to ensure all of our holidays remain at the standard that you have come to expect from Just You.

Well done of course for completing the Path of the Gods and thanks for your tips on the best experiences to be enjoyed on this tour. We hope you’ll travel with us again for more wonderful holiday memories and friends made.

Best wishes,

Just You

Debster3004
(Newbie)
I second BigSue's review.

Sadly the food was the main bone of contention (and laughter) and I ended up eating out with a couple of other ladies on two of the evenings.

The hotel is basic, hairdryer in the bathroom looked like it was from the 1950's, luckily I have very short hair but others did struggle.  

I would recommend walking poles for this trip (I didn't have these), especially for Path of the Gods. 

As this was my first ever solo trip I was very nervous but everyone was so lovely, if I can do it so can you!