Lell
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
I am travelling down to Heathrow on 8th September from Scotland, to go to Madeira on 9th September on the 10am BA flight.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel for my overnight stay.   Is anyone else from Scotland on this holiday?  Lell
IanWight
(Member)
Hi Lell,

If flying BA then I am guessing you will be departing from Terminal 5.

You do not say however who you are using to get to LHR and what terminal you are arriving at! There are several options to get between terminals if not arriving at T5.

For T5 I use the ThistleT5. The benefit of this hotel is that a short walk from the hotel is a pod that for £5.00 (when I last used it) takes you straight into T5 in 7 minutes. 

There is a London bus #423 which stops outside and is 2 stops away from the T5 bus stand. I will use the bus to get there as there are no time constraints and I can use my bus pass. 

To catch a flight I prefer not to depend on the bus, and my pass does not work before 9.30am, so use the pod.

The hotel is comfortable enough and on 2 floors although there is no lift. The restaurant overlooks the runway so you can watch planes whilst you dine.  

I did this trip pre Covid, very enjoyable.

Lell
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Thanks for your reply.  I will be flying into terminal 1 from Edinburgh. As I am flying down the day before I will have time to get to the hotel and have a look at terminal 5.  I have been having nightmares about the electrically operated pod not working but just an over reaction.   Would be good to meet up with some one going with Just You and have a coffee the evening before the flight.

IanWight
(Member)
Hi,

You might want to check your arrival information as Terminal 1 is closed!

This link gives connection details between the terminals. https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airport/airport-maps/travel-between-terminals 

In the unlikely event the pod is not working then as said the #423 from outside the hotel (bus stop on hotel side of the road) goes straight to T5. It takes about 10 minutes. You would need to check timetables but I think it runs every 20 minutes or so. The pod runs every couple of minutes.