Marie Blackstock
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just wondering if ther is anyone else going from East Midlands Airport on the trip Treasures of Andalucia Oct 3rd 2024.

Look forward to hearing from you

Marie

Norma Mac
(Newbie)
I have booked this trip flying from Scotland on 3rd October this year. A bit anxious about going on this type of holiday for the first time. I know the area pretty well as I have been on the Costa del Sol a few times with my husband.

Norma

Marie Blackstock
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am also a bit anxious about going on my own. I have visited Mijas twice but they were just a day trip from Benalmadina. Rhonda has been on my list of places for a couple of years.  It will be a bit of an adventure and meeting new people will be interesting.  I am sure we will be fine.

Norma Mac
(Newbie)
Yes it will be good to meet up with new people. I have visited Mijas many times over the years it's such a beautiful place. Rhonda only visited once many years ago so looking forward to going back there. Malaga is such a lovely city too - have spent quite a few weekend breaks there. I have never gone on any sort of touring holiday before so this will be all new for me. Thanks for responding. 

Norma

Marie Blackstock
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have only been to Malaga once, that was 2017 to see the christmas lights switch on.  Never been on this kind of holiday with excursions. Then again like you never been holiday on my own before. It is a bit daunting though lol
Norma Mac
(Newbie)
Malaga is such a beautiful city. Lots of great shops, tapas bars and restaurants, beautiful buildings and a great beach with lots of chiringuito on the sand. We used to go regular city breaks to Malaga pre Covid years. I too have never done this type of holiday before and never even done an organised touring type of holiday before. We kind of always liked to do our own thing and always met up with nice people. We will probably all be fine once we get there. Are you doing any of the optional trips? I have decided not to as I would like to go back to Benalmadena Marina area and also Carihuela area which hold a lot of happy memories for me.

look forward to meeting up at Malaga airport in October.

Norma

Marie Blackstock
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have stayed in Benalmadina twice, the old town is very nice, the Marina is lovely too.  Regular bus from Mijas to Benalmadina so very easy to get to.
ROSE19999
(Newbie)
I'm doing this trip from East Mids in September, I've never flown from there before so, despite having done a lot of solo trips now, I feel like a newbie too.

It seems that this is a popular trip with lots of us going on different dates. Don't forget to put a luggage label on your hand baggage so that others can identify you.

Happy travels everyone, Rose

Marie Blackstock
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I will Rose. Enjoy your trip. Can you let me know if there is a kettle in the room, that would be very helpful.

Mari