PatAB
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I've just booked my first Just You holiday and have chosen Puglia travelling on the 12th May. I live in Northumberland so will be travelling to Gatwick the day before. Does anyone have advice on where to stay the night before either on the airport or close by as it is an early start. I've never flown from Gatwick so I'm finding it a bit daunting going solo. Really looking forward to the trip but definitely a nervous newbie!

IanWight
(Member)
Hi PatAB

Check out the Bloc hotel - it is situated in the South Terminal at Gatwick.  There are eateries to get some dinner the night before and you are at the airport in the morning so no trying to get a taxi etc to the airport as you are there already. If your departure is from the North Terminal there is a rail ling, very quick, between the terminals.

Ian 

PatAB
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the information Ian. I will definitely look into that. 

Pat

Catkins6
(Newbie)
I've booked for June and had been advised by friend previously if ever flying from Gatwick use the BLOC hotel so I have booked that, hopefully works well!

Charles C
(Member)
Hi PatAB

I'm also booked to Puglia on 12 May, travelling from Teesside the day before and staying over (Sofitel at North Terminal - walkable).  Not my first trip or even my first from Gatwick.  From previous experience the JY rep should be fairly easy to spot near the check-in and you may well see some of the distictive purple luggage labels to identify other members of the group. I look forward to meeting you.

PatAB
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Charles C

Thanks for your reply. Really looking forward to the trip as it sounds amazing. I've booked the Hilton South Terminal which I am assured is walkable. Thanks for the information regarding the JY rep. Fingers crossed it's as easy as you imply! Looking forward to meeting everyone. See you there.

Thebaileys1978@hotmail.com
(Newbie)
Hi,

I'm going to Puglia on19th May, I've booked into the Hilton South Terminal. I've never flown fron ST before, but many times from th NT. This is my forst holiday with Just You, really looking forward to it. 

Domenico
(Newbie)
Hello! Anyone going to Puglia on 30 June-7 July?!

Really looking forward to it.

I went to Istanbul, Troy, and Ephesus with JustYou last year, and had a fantastic time.

Safe travels, everyone.

Catkins6
(Newbie)
Hi, I am travelling on that date, really looking forward to the trip