KarenP
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
 Hi,  I've just booked this trip, my 2nd with Just you, has anyone else booked for February 2024?

Karen

Cherry&White
(Newbie)
Hi Karen. 

I have just booked for SA in February.  First time for me so a little nervous 

Cherry&White
(Newbie)
Hi

I have also booked but my first time,  

KarenP
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cherry &White,

I am also a little nervous, this will be my first solo long haul, but I'm hoping the safari experience will be worth the pre trip nerves.  

Cherry&White
(Newbie)
Hi Karen. 

So much to get sorted as well. But looking forward to experience and variety of the trip.  

ROSE19999
(Newbie)
I've recently visited South Africa, it's a lot cheaper to eat out etc than I expected and I brought back more rand than I spent!! You may be aware, but just in case you're not, SA has differnet sockets to anywhere else, I have a 'world wide' adaptor but it wouldn't work there, you need a particular type which is readily available on sites such as Amazon.

You'll have an amazing time, enjoy every minute, the safari experience is defnitely worth the long flight!

RogerT
  • (Member)
(Member)
This is a fabulous Tour. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Karen, you say you hope the safari will make it worth it. For me it was always going to be the potential highlight and the rest of the Tour built up to it. From the moment we went through the Kruger Gate I was totally hooked ! A bewildering range of majestic animals and birds constantly appearing. The 2-3 hours flew by on each of the 4 drives/walk I did. It was life changing for me and I've been seeking out wildlife trips and experiences ever since from Costa Rica to Brazil to Uganda. Many more to come, hopefully !

You will definitely think it was all worth it once you've experienced this African adventure 🙂

I hope the heat has eased off a bit come February. The golf tournament last week on the edge of the Kruger was played in sweltering conditions.

Have a great time in Feb .. I've no doubt you will. I'll be in the slightly chillier climes of Antarctica !!

Regards,

Roger

KarenP
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Rose

Thank you for the advice.  Is it mainly cash or are cards widely accepted?  I am thinking of taking a mix.

Karen

ROSE19999
(Newbie)
Hi Karen

Cards were widely accepted, you'll need cash for any tips that you wish to give and for purchases in markets etc. 

Have a wonderful time

Rose

Cherry&White
(Newbie)
Do we want to set up a WhatsApp group. There must be more than the 2 of us? 
KarenP
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
 When I went to Croatia in July 2023 there were only 2 other people replying on this forum but 23 of us all together on the trip!

I am assuming if we put a JY luggage tag on hand luggage we will be able to spot others in the group in the lounge.  I am flying from Heathrow.

Cherry&White
(Newbie)
Hi Karen. 

Are you all ready to go?  Just deciding on plane seat at moment.  Keith. 

Cherry&White
(Newbie)
Hi Karen. 

Are you all ready to go?  Just deciding on plane seat at moment.  Keith. 

KarenP
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Keith,

not long now, nervous anticipation is beginning to kick in.  From the other messages and review it should be a good trip.

Karen

Cherry&White
(Newbie)
Hi Karen

Really looking forward to it being my first solo trip.  Just trying to get everything needed etc.  

lkenealy
(Newbie)
How much would you suggest taking in Rand for tips etc. as going in March. Thanks