Landy
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Could you give me some advice on weather/tempurature for Japan in October please and what clothes/footwear to pack.  Thank you
Just You
  • (Administration)
(Administration)
Hi Landy,

Many thanks for your message and we hope you are looking forward to your Japan trip. later this month

Weather trends for October show that the temperature starts to cool down after the summer heat and can be much more comfortable, plus you'll be seeing the beautiful autumn colours on the trees. Layering up would be recommended. Average rainfall is 158mm of rainfall across 17 days and so taking a lightweight, breathable waterproof and umbrella would be a good idea.

Some days you may be travelling for longer periods and so comfort will be king but do also bear in mind those days where you have city tours - you'll need comfortable shoes to walk in.

Hope you have a great trip!

Regards

Just You Community team

Sally HH
(Newbie)
Hello! Hope your trip last October was fantastic.  I'm about to do the same trip this October.  Could  you advise re clothes and footwear? Any other tips on what to take? 

my first time in Japan.  My first time travelling solo. 

Just You
(Administration)
Hi Sally

Thanks for your message and we hope you have an absolutely fabulous time in Japan. We would recommend good comfortable and sturdy footwear as it's quite an active trip. And we would recommend taking breathable cotton clothing that you can layer up/down according to the weather but hopefully Landy can add some more hints and tips following her trip last year.  Also just to mention, you do visit a temple during your trip where you will be required to remove your footwear so you may want to pack some socks for extra comfort.

Best wishes

Just You Team