IanWight
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Saying hello to anyone booked on this trip.

Ian

ElizabethM
(Newbie)
Can't wait. Only my 2nd Just You trip.
IanWight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi ElizabethM,

Glad to hear there is someone else on the trip. I have done several JY trips and all have been very good. This trip was actually recommended by a JY TM/HD as a hidden gem. I am travelling up the day before and look forward to meeting you.

One little hint - in the blurb then on day 6 it refers to an optional excursion on the Roses Express. I could not see this advertised on the web site so phoned JY yesterday. They are going to look into why the excursion is not showing but in the meantime I booked on the 'phone and it only costs £21.00. You might want to do the same.

Ian

ElizabethM
(Newbie)
Hi Ian

Thanks for the tip about the 'missing' trip.  I had also noticed that it was not visible.  I will be travelling on the Elizabeth LIne to the airport.  I agree about the 'hidden gem'.  I had actually gone on the JY website to book a different holiday and came across this one by accident.

Not long to wait now.  See you on the 4th.

Elizabeth

IanWight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Elizabeth,

I am very impressed that TfL have named their new line after you.

I, on the other hand, have the Solent to negotiate before I head to Heathrow - hence travelling up the day before.

Looking forward to this trip and yes see you on the 4th.

Ian

tw.whittaker.7@gmail.com
(Newbie)
Hi Ian.I'm Trevor and also going on this trip.Will be travelling up with National Express from Newport,S.Wales.Am scheduled to be at T5 around 7-am so will have a bit of a wait

Hopefully catch up with you and others at check-in.

Fingers crossed the planes are back to normal by monday

IanWight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Trevor,

Good to hear from you and fingers crossed for Monday.

I am no expert on these matters and have no inside knowledge but I did check BA departures earlier and today's equivalent flight was scheduled to leave on time. My reading is that once 'planes and crews are back in place then flights will go as scheduled and it is those people who were affected by the disruption who are stuck waiting for seats home. Anyway I was confident enough to pick up my Euros this morning. :-)

It is too awkward for me to get to LHR from home att that time hence overnight in a hotel.

See you in T5.

Ian