olearymarg
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Has anyone any idea of temperatures please and any good tips to be aware of?
Derek
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi olearymarg

I did this tour in March 2019 and it was superb.  The weather was warm for me to wear shorts and polo shirts during the day, even during the coach journey across the Andes to Mendoza.   I also gave some tips about this holiday on the forum a few years ago, and have copied them below.  

- I took a universal travel adaptor which worked in all three countries;

- I took some Chilean and Brazilian currency as well as a prepaid travel currency card (loaded with pound sterling).  I couldn’t buy Argentinian pesos in this country, although some members of the group ordered them through Marks and Spencer.  I used the card in Argentina, apart from the lunch stop en route to Mendoza.  They did accept Chilean currency.  Any unused Chilean currency can also be exchanged in Argentina.  

- I would advise you to buy a clear plastic cover to protect your camera at the Iguaçu Falls, particularly on the Brazilian side.  They are available on Amazon.  Cheap plastic ponchos can be bought at the falls......be prepared to get wet!   The falls, for me, were one of the highlights of the tour and the optional excursion to view them from the Brazilian side was worth every penny.

- I also bought a money belt, that I wore under my clothing.  

I have been on a number of tours with Just You and this exceeded my expectations (despite my suitcase arriving a day late).

I’m sure that you will enjoy the whole tour.  It was my first visit to South America and I loved all three countries.

Have a great time.

Derek

olearymarg
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Derek, a great help

Enjoy your travels