Karen S
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi all. Just back from Thailand which was amazing. Before I went I watched some U tube videos about what to know before going. The most useful tip was eSIMs. You can get local sim but you need to buy and register it and won't be your number. With an eSIM you buy online, download and then switch from normal SIM to eSIM when you arrive. I got 15 days of unlimited data in Thailand for about £20. Was easy to set up. No changing SIM cards. Highly recommend.
elvpak
  • (Newbie)
(Newbie)
I bought one for my forthcoming trip through Airolo...seems like much less of a faff than buying a SIM at the other end and having to swap cards (I'd worry about losing my normal SIM card as they are so small these days!).
igosolo
(Newbie)
Karen, thanks for the eSIM tip! Definitely going to look into getting one for my Thailand trip. Being able to have data right away without hunting for a SIM store sounds perfect. Do you remember which provider you used? Was service reliable when traveling around? And could you still use your regular number? Appreciate you sharing - it'll take some stress out of arriving. eSIM seems way more convenient than changing physical cards.