GillBev
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm going to Costa Rica on 7th January and would love to hear of anybody else going on that trip. I live in Kent and will be leaving from Gatwick.  I'm so looking forward to it but haven't been away for 3 years because of Covid so can't wait ! I want an adventure holiday and several friends have been there and say it is amazing so have booked all the extras including the zip line !  Gill. 
Dory
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gill,

I'm also going to Costa Rica on 7th Jan from Gatwick & have also booked the zip line adventure, in a moment of madness!

I'm coming from near Milton Keynes by the car provided. It will be my 8th JY trip & I'm really excited about it. Look forward to meeting you in the lounge prior to departure hopefully. Helen x

HPearson
(Member)
Please do post when u get him with any hints and tips.  I'm going 4th March.  Very excited. 
DavidS
(Newbie)
Hi guys. I am doing 7th Jan Costa Rica from Gatwick.
GillBev
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi David. Looking forward to meeting you in the airport lounge.  Where do you live ?  Gill
DavidS
(Newbie)
Hello Gill. I am from Christchurch Dorset. I have missed out on opportunity of Adison Lee car so will be getting overnight coach from Bournemouth to Gatwick.
Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi.

I hope you had a fantastic holiday... how was the zip line? I wasn't going to book it for my trip on March 18th but you may have persuaded me to rethink!!

Did you find US dollars or the local currency was preferable in general?

Any other tips gratefully received! I haven't been on a long haul trip since 2018.

thank you

sue

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi.

I hope you had a fantastic holiday... how was the zip line? I wasn't going to book it for my trip on March 18th but you may have persuaded me to rethink!!

Did you find US dollars or the local currency was preferable in general?

Any other tips gratefully received! I haven't been on a long haul trip since 2018.

thank you

sue

Della S
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I am going on the 18th March, looking forward to getting away, but no zip for me, hate heights.

Best

Della

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Della

Thanks for getting in touch. I look forward to meeting you. Are you staying at a Heathrow hotel on the night of 17th? 

sue

Della S
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I don't find this forum easy to use at all, wanted to reply to your message about heathrow.

I was going to wait until confirmation of flight times before deciding about staying at a hotel, have you already booked in?

Hopefully you will get this message.

Take care,

Della

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Della

i agree that this forum is not straightforward! I found your reply by tapping on your name to see all your posts!

I haven't yet booked my hotel or parking... I was going to do it this weekend but, now I see that Lufthansa are striking I'm not going to book until nearer the time. I've already had the flight changed once from BA Gatwick. 

It seems that the hotels do offer a refund but I'll wait and hope there's still space.

I'll try to let you know if/ when I book to see if we could meet for a drink on 17th

Sue

Sue I
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Della

ive booked the Radisson Blu for 17 March 👍 

Sue

Della S
(Member)
Hi Sue,

I did not realise you had sent a reply, I thought you got notifications via email, but none received.

I have booked into the Hilton Garden Inn terminal 2 for the 17th.

Looking at the weather forecast it seems to rain abit in Costa Rica, but at least its hot.

See you there

Della