BobG
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi all,

Let's get the forum going again with lots of new reviews and posts!  I'm just back from a lovely week in Malta, my first JY trip since 2018 and my 19th overall.  It was most enjoyable with the itinerary showing us the best of the island.  The weather was very good for the time of year, with just two wet mornings (boy how it rained!).  Malta is now very built-up, with the east of the island essentially one sprawling city.  The west is wilder and largely undeveloped.  We saw some stunning churches and the views at the Blue Grotto and on Gozo were lovely.  The hotel is adequate and simple with a very good breakfast (excellent hot counter with proper sausages and bacon!!).  There are plenty of very good restaurants nearby for dinner and I didn't have a single disappointing meal.  The itinerary wasn't too hectic and made for a reasonably relaxing week.  The group were brilliant, one of the best I've encountered; very friendly and there were no cliques at all.  Sue McCullough, our tour manager, was excellent and dealt with everything with great patience and good humour.  The local guide was very knowledgeable.  I wouldn't go back to Malta but I'm glad I went!

IanWight
(Member)
Hi Bob, thank you for this review. It must be 35 years since I was last in Malta and it is on my radar for 2023 or 2024. Good to see your positive review. Ian
BobG
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ian,

You will notice huge changes I'm sure!  There are cranes and building work dotted all over the landscape!  I hope you have a lovely time when you go.

Best wishes,

Bob 

DavidS
(Newbie)
Not been to Malta with JY but I love the place. I've been there 6 times. It is not perfect but has quite a few plusses: easy to get to from regional airports, excellent weather except can get too hot in summer, everybody speaks English, fantastic history and architecture everywhere you look, a mix of touristy locations and beautiful remote rural locations. It is fairly compact so you can usually get from A to B quickly.