Hollyhox54
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This is the query to beat all queries ….  and I do feel embarrassed at asking 😕   I have never travelled much at all, and never a solo trip.  I need a gluten free, vegetarian diet.  I dislike spicy food and not good in the heat.  Here's the bit ….. and I keep looking at the trips to India ..!!  I know that sound complete nonsense.  Perhaps I should consider something else …..?   Thank you in advance, if you have any advice.  Best wishes to all.
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I have been to India 5 times now and was there this February (not with JY). If you don't like the heat, then go to North India in February and you can experience snow, freezing cold temperatures and torrential rain! Not all of India is hot! In terms of food - I always go vegetarian when I go to India so you will have no problem there. Don't know about gluten-free.

It's a wonderful country and not called "Incredible" India for nothing!

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Hils

lesley07
(Member)
Hi. I've been on both the Spirit of India and Kerala trips and loved these holidays. I went in October both times and the weather was pleasant and not too hot. We stayed in excellent hotels and I am sure that they could cater for your dietary needs.

Suggest you call JY and speak to a travel advisor who could give you appropriate advice.

Hope this helps

Lesley

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

If India is really where you want to go, just go for it! You won't regret it.

My first ever JY trip back in 2005 was to India and I was somewhat nervous but it was to become one of the best things I have ever done. I have been back a few times since and currently have two more of the JY India trips booked.

Regarding the weather after being in India in October and February I concur with Hils and Lesley about the weather.

Food wise I always eat vegetarian in India, but I have no idea about gluten free. The hotels in India are of a very high standard and there is always plenty of choice with food.

The JY Tour Managers are invariably very good and you will be well looked after,this goes for any JY trip. So should there be any issues about food when you arrive at hotels, the Tour Manager will do his/her best to sort it out for you.

Kind Regards

Di

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have travelled to other countries and there was someone who required gluten free food (on 4 occasions this person was on the same trips as me!) and was well catered for. I am sure you will have plenty of choices in India

Jaya

ameliaclaire
(Member)
India is a country surely understood for its varied scene. It boasts about all-slants, deserts, and shorelines and rich culture, antiquated convention, and dynamic festivals. There are also a lot of best activities in India that attract voyagers from far and past. From trekking the inclines to lazing on the shorelines, going on a desert safari, cruising in the sea or savoring delightful food.
discovrer
(Member)
Foodwise you should be fine as India has the highest percentage of vegetarians in the world. Eat in the hotels rather than in the street and you should be okay. As an added precaution it may benefit you to take a course of probiotics before you go to help ward off any Delhi belly  :s .
ClaireT65
(Newbie)
I booked India for March 2024, my first Solo trip, nervous tho
sallybriggs70@gmail.com
(Newbie)
I've booked for Oct this year. And like you first solo holiday- excited and nervous at the sanetime 
Megem
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally, I'm going on the India trip in October too. It's not my first Just You trip, I've been to China and to Italy with them. Everyone on both my trips was very friendly and welcoming and the trips are really well organised. Once you've been on one, you'll want to go again and again. Look forward to meeting you.
Megem
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally, I'm going on the India trip in October too. It's not my first Just You trip, I've been to China and to Italy with them. Everyone on both my trips was very friendly and welcoming and the trips are really well organised. Once you've been on one, you'll want to go again and again. Look forward to meeting you.
igosolo
(Newbie)
If you're concerned about traveling solo, you can also consider group tours or guided experiences, which can offer more support and companionship during your trip. Perhaps you meet Megem? I think that's fun 🙂
Just You
  • (Administration)
(Administration)
Originally Posted by: igosolo 

If you're concerned about traveling solo, you can also consider group tours or guided experiences, which can offer more support and companionship during your trip. Perhaps you meet Megem? I think that's fun :)

With Just You tours it gives you the flexibility to travel with a group for that added support and confidence boost, while time at leisure gives you the opportunity to explore at leisure, or with your companions bith independently or as part of one of the optional excursions. In a way it gives you those 'building blocks' to establish your level of comfort when travelling so if you want to make lots of friends on tour - great, or if you prefer to keep yourself to yourself but like the safety of being with a group, than it really does tick the boxes for all sorts of scenarios. Plus our Holiday Directors are a fantastic bunch who can help people gel together or indeed, respect those that might just want to be in their own company and thoughts as they travel 🙂 And as always keep those luggage labels on your hand luggage so if you do want to connect at the airport you can easily identify each other.

Just You Team

sallybriggs70@gmail.com
(Newbie)
Looking forward to meeting you. Not long now 😀