crystalbling55
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi just a question, on the more relaxed beach holidays /not the full on tours/ do people all still stay together? it would be nice to have a relaxing chilled beach holiday, but with the company. Do you still eat together? ect thanks
daveJB
(Member)
Hello crystalbling55, I have been on the Costa de la Luz and Discover Northern Cyprus holidays and

yes, everyone does eat together and do the tours the same as all other holidays.

Dave.

Bosuncat
(Member)
'crystalbling55' wrote:

hi just a question, on the more relaxed beach holidays /not the full on tours/ do people all still stay together? it would be nice to have a relaxing chilled beach holiday, but with the company. Do you still eat together? ect thanks

The only relaxing beach holiday I have done really was the last one in Costa de la Luz. This is an "all inclusive" holiday and the beach is WONDERFUL. Lovely hotel, hard working staff, and the full board food was good with plenty of choice. All the trips were included but you weren't forced to go on them. It was nice to chill out at the hotel a few days. Great outdoor pool and spa.

I think we generally did eat together as most people went on the trips anyway. It wasn't compulsory to eat at the same time as all meals were buffet but it was nice to have a chat generally. The bar had a large outside seating area and people tended to accumulate there at night.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I agree with Bosuncat. Costa de la Luz is a nice relaxing holiday. Even if you do all the excursions, there is still plenty of time to relax and do what you want to.

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Hakeya

Not much to add more to what Bosuncat has already said in her review. I went to Costa de la Luz in May 2012 and really liked it. The hotel is fabulous right by the beach and it was not very busy time of the year. There were many nesting storks at this time of the year - you could see the nests on the electricty pylons as you drove past whilst on the excursions. Seville is really nice to visit - it was hotter in Seville. I would suggest that if you get a chance to visit Costa de la Luz then do go and you will not be disappointed.

Jaya

I want to see the storks! Looks as though I will have to go back Jaya.

Seriously. I enjoyed the trips I managed to go on. Stupidly I had gone with newish shoes and managed to get a blister on the side of my foot the first day so I was somewhat restricted movement wise. Added to problems with the humidity which made my ankles swell very badly I couldn't do the Columbus trip and the optional bird watching which was a shame.

The only thing I will say is that the hotel has not much around it apart from a few shops and Punta Umbria which is about a 20 minute walk away, although the taxis are cheap.

Seville WAS wonderful. Under normal walking conditions (for me anyway) I would have loved to have spent more time there. It's so easy to get around and has trams too.

I didn't use the local bus service but I gathered that it was good and reliable. One of the gentlemen took himself back to Seville I think on the last day. He caught a local bus to Huelva and from there to Seville.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat

You will have to go in May to see the storks! It will also be a bit cooler and hopefully you will not have problems with your ankles. As I have mentioned previously, I was still recovering from my cancer treatment the first time around when I went and my feet too used to swell up, which restricted my walking, especially in Seville. Hence I went on the boat trip just to sit down and rest the feet! You should go back for the storks and the Columbus trail.

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat

You will have to go in May to see the storks! It will also be a bit cooler and hopefully you will not have problems with your ankles. As I have mentioned previously, I was still recovering from my cancer treatment the first time around when I went and my feet too used to swell up, which restricted my walking, especially in Seville. Hence I went on the boat trip just to sit down and rest the feet! You should go back for the storks and the Columbus trail.

Jaya

I'm leaning towards it Jaya to be honest. It's so much easier travelling from Birmingham (just one hour each way in a taxi which would cost the same as an overnight elsewhere and I would still have to pay for transport to either Heathrow or Gatwick if I went on a departure from there).

I have looked also at the Mallorca trip which also flies from Birmingham but the over winter renovation puts me off a bit in case it isn't finished in time.

And yes, I do want to see the storks!!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat

Yes, it does make a lot of difference if you do not have to stay overnight and travel a long distance to the Airport. Gatwick is easier for me and usually I try and look for something flying from there and I also check the departure and arrival times to make sure I can get the train back to Luton at a time which is not too late. But now that I want to venture far and see other places I have to start considering Heathrow and also overnight stays as sometimes the flights arrive back late. I had to overnight at Gatwick when returning from Calabria and will also overnight at Gatwick when I return from Marrakech. This all adds to the total cost of holidays, but not much one can do if one wants to spread their wings!

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member)
Very true Jaya. Heathrow is next choice after Birmingham.