Hils
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Fellow Scots!,

If you are flying down to London Heathrow from Glasgow or Edinburgh and staying the night of 9th November at Heathrow- I know it's a long way away - but BA flights are getting very booked up due to it being the day after the Calcutta Cup (Scotland v England 6 Nations Rugby)! I've noticed that there are several holidays flying out of Heathrow on 10th November - South African Explorer, Spirit of India, Cuba and Ultimate Polar Bear Adventure, so would suggest that you book your flights now! I tried to book using my Avios points and all the flights were booked, so I had to use "real money" on the BA website which currently there are seats. Good Luck!

Cheers,

Hils

DouglasL
(Member)
'Hils' wrote:

Hi Fellow Scots!,

If you are flying down to London Heathrow from Glasgow or Edinburgh and staying the night of 9th November at Heathrow- I know it's a long way away - but BA flights are getting very booked up due to it being the day after the Calcutta Cup (Scotland v England 6 Nations Rugby)! I've noticed that there are several holidays flying out of Heathrow on 10th November - South African Explorer, Spirit of India, Cuba and Ultimate Polar Bear Adventure, so would suggest that you book your flights now! I tried to book using my Avios points and all the flights were booked, so I had to use "real money" on the BA website which currently there are seats. Good Luck!

Cheers,

Hils

Hi,

Don't think that it is the 6 Nations Rugby that is making flights busy in November. This takes place in February / March and dates are already confirmed. eg Saturday 14 March, 2015 for the Calcutta Cup Match.

I find that using Avios at a weekend to go down / back up from Edinburgh to Heathrow is always busy and, therefore, reduced flight availability.

Douglas.:)

Hils
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DouglasL' wrote:

'Hils' wrote:

Hi Fellow Scots!,

Cheers,

Hils

Hi,

Don't think that it is the 6 Nations Rugby that is making flights busy in November. This takes place in February / March and dates are already confirmed. eg Saturday 14 March, 2015 for the Calcutta Cup Match.

I find that using Avios at a weekend to go down / back up from Edinburgh to Heathrow is always busy and, therefore, reduced flight availability.

Douglas.:)

Thanks Douglas, my mistake, it's Scotland vs Argentina end of year match! I tend to fly from Glasgow rather than Edinburgh, but there are no Avios flights available from the former.

Cheers,

Hils