SylviaJ
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
https://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-85357.html?highlight=The+Baltics 

There were 19 travellers with Inese our TM and Marcis our driver - both excellent.  We flew with Lufthansa from LHR to Vilnius via Frankfurt and Tallinn to LHR via Frankfurt.  You can use online check in, though the paperwork doesn't tell you this.  The holiday starts off with a tour of Frankfurt airport as you make your way from B gates to A gates - not good for someone with limited mobility or unfamiliarity with airports - for your second flight to Vilnius.  All travellers were quite surprised at how chaotic Frankfurt airport was and we were dreading the return flight.

All hotels were pleasant although I appeared to always get a bathroom with a leaking shower!

No included dinners in Riga and one meal to be sourced in Tallinn.  I love exploring countries to find my own restaurant so was delighted with this.  Unfortunately, the farewell dinner in Tallinn was a huge disappointment.  What possessed JY to organise a farewell dinner in a medieval restaurant that served up muck (fried cheese, lentils with berries, game mince, turnip, salmon and an indescribable pudding) in a dark and dingy restaurant?  I think most travellers hated it, with a lot of food wastage. We wanted to try proper Estonian food, but not like this!!!

The weather throughout the holiday was into the high 30s in Lithuania and Latvia and mid 20s in Estonia with one afternoon heavy shower in Sigulda.

A busy, full on tour with lots of time on the coach but it's a tick off my list.

Regards

Sylvia

RayT
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

There were 19 travellers with Inese our TM and Marcis our driver - both excellent.  We flew with Lufthansa from LHR to Vilnius via Frankfurt and Tallinn to LHR via Frankfurt.  You can use online check in, though the paperwork doesn't tell you this.  The holiday starts off with a tour of Frankfurt airport as you make your way from B gates to A gates - not good for someone with limited mobility or unfamiliarity with airports - for your second flight to Vilnius.  All travellers were quite surprised at how chaotic Frankfurt airport was and we were dreading the return flight.

All hotels were pleasant although I appeared to always get a bathroom with a leaking shower!

No included dinners in Riga and one meal to be sourced in Tallinn.  I love exploring countries to find my own restaurant so was delighted with this.  Unfortunately, the farewell dinner in Tallinn was a huge disappointment.  What possessed JY to organise a farewell dinner in a medieval restaurant that served up muck (fried cheese, lentils with berries, game mince, turnip, salmon and an indescribable pudding) in a dark and dingy restaurant?  I think most travellers hated it, with a lot of food wastage. We wanted to try proper Estonian food, but not like this!!!

The weather throughout the holiday was into the high 30s in Lithuania and Latvia and mid 20s in Estonia with one afternoon heavy shower in Sigulda.

A busy, full on tour with lots of time on the coach but it's a tick off my list.

Regards

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

I agree with all your comments, especially the unexpected walking tour of Frankfurt airport and the medieval meal - the best part of that evening was the leisurely glass of wine with some of the group in a restaurant near the hotel after our return.  It was nice to bump into you again - I have booked Alaska for next year as I thought the scenery was so stunning it is worth a second shot - no gold panning this time though!

Regards,

Ray.

SylviaJ
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'RayT' wrote:

'SylviaJ' wrote:

Regards

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

I agree with all your comments, especially the unexpected walking tour of Frankfurt airport and the medieval meal - the best part of that evening was the leisurely glass of wine with some of the group in a restaurant near the hotel after our return.  It was nice to bump into you again - I have booked Alaska for next year as I thought the scenery was so stunning it is worth a second shot - no gold panning this time though!

Regards,

Ray.

Hi Ray

Thanks for your comments.  It's nice to know that I wasn't making it up!  So many travellers gripe on these holidays and then do nothing about feeding back to JY.  

Well done re Alaska.  I'll consider returning myself if I see a itinerary that suits.

Regards

Sylvia