jennyf
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This holiday was amazing and really had the WOW factor for me.  Who could not be enthralled by the Taj Mahal or the quietness of Ghandi's home and gardens.  Every excursion was worth it and shouldn't be missed.  Our tour manager, Simon was excellent and always went the extra mile to ensure that we all had the best holiday ever.  Our local tour guide, GG was always in good spirits and so knowledgeable.  It's a very busy holiday but you won't want to miss a single thing.

Practical stuff:  The hotels were all great with such helpful staff.  All the rooms had facilities including kettles so you won't have to take your own travelling kettle for that all important early morning cuppa.  Bottled water is plentiful and free so don't forget to use it for teeth cleaning, rinsing your toothbrush and for boiling your kettle.  Food: Of course there's lots of curry, but the hotels did have a range of pasta and noodle dishes as well, just don't look for steak and chips!!  Breakfasts was plentiful with a range to suit everybody.  Don't worry if you're vegetarian like me, there's lots of vegetable and paneer curries to choose from and all the food is labelled with red or green dots, the green dots for vegetarian dishes.  

I would advise comfortable shoes/trainers for the city walks as there really are cows in the streets, and where there's cows there's .................... get the idea?

Yes, India can be dirty, smelly, chaotic with poverty, but it is also colourful, wonderful and full of excitement.  I would go back in an instant.

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jenny

So glad you enjoyed your trip.  I too fell in love with India when I did the Kerala trip and would love to go back sometime

Regards