JemmaJuly
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Went on this holiday in September. Highly recommend it - go before the masses find it. Laura was an excellent tour leader and the hotel is in an excellent location. The weather was lovely - not too hot and the tours were interesting and informative. The scenery is wonderful and everywhere is so clean. Puts UK to shame. The group numbered 25 so we had lots of space on the coach and what wonderful drivers we had each day. Now trying to decide where to go next year!
Bosuncat
(Member)
'JemmaJuly' wrote:

Went on this holiday in September. Highly recommend it - go before the masses find it. Laura was an excellent tour leader and the hotel is in an excellent location. The weather was lovely - not too hot and the tours were interesting and informative. The scenery is wonderful and everywhere is so clean. Puts UK to shame. The group numbered 25 so we had lots of space on the coach and what wonderful drivers we had each day. Now trying to decide where to go next year!

So pleased you enjoyed it.  I used to go back in old Yugoslavia days, and have very fond memories of the village.   :)

I was due to go back this year on the 17th September departure, but due to a variety of reasons, mainly health ones, took the decision to cancel.  I hope that JY keep it on long enough so that I CAN make it back.  

How did you find the Kompas?  I've never stayed there unfortunately.

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
Many thanks for this.   I have had it in mind since it first appeared in the brochure but my Spring holiday is already booked so this is on my wish list for next September.

Ann

Duncolm
(Member)
Slovenia really impressed me on the day visit to Ljubljana during the Istrian Coast tour last month. So much so I've booked Lake Bled for Christmas.
JemmaJuly
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'JemmaJuly' wrote:

So pleased you enjoyed it.  I used to go back in old Yugoslavia days, and have very fond memories of the village.   :)

I was due to go back this year on the 17th September departure, but due to a variety of reasons, mainly health ones, took the decision to cancel.  I hope that JY keep it on long enough so that I CAN make it back.  

How did you find the Kompas?  I've never stayed there unfortunately.

Hotel Kompas was fine, it sits on the outskirts of the village in an ideal spot. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the food more than adequate. It has a very good swimming pool and if you wish you can also use the facilities in the sister hotel.

AnnLiz20
(Member)
My first holiday with Just You was a wonderful holiday in Secret Slovenia at the end of September.  The Tour Manager, David, was excellent.  He is a good organiser, very considerate, helpful and friendly.  The excursions were very interesting and well organised by David and the local guide, George.  The scenery is wonderful and the excursions went to parts of the area which most people may not find.  The coach drivers were very capable.

The members of the group were very friendly and everyone got on well together.  

I had a problem getting home as the Slovenian airline, Adria went bust whilst I was there and this meant I had no flight back to Brussels to connect with my flight to Manchester.  David liaised with Just You and they got me flights with Lufthansa via Frankfurt to Manchester and ensured that I had assistance at the airports - I didn't have to do a thing.  This was great until my flight to Manchester was cancelled due to a technical fault and I had to stay in a hotel overnight.  Just You sent me the details of a link to the Martin Lewis money site and an app called Resolver which helped me to put in a claim for compensation.

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip and will be booking further trips with Just You; thinking of the Heart of Alpine Europe for next year.

David Coatsworth TM
(Member)
'AnnLiz20' wrote:

My first holiday with Just You was a wonderful holiday in Secret Slovenia at the end of September.  The Tour Manager, David, was excellent.  He is a good organiser, very considerate, helpful and friendly.  The excursions were very interesting and well organised by David and the local guide, George.  The scenery is wonderful and the excursions went to parts of the area which most people may not find.  The coach drivers were very capable.

The members of the group were very friendly and everyone got on well together.  

I had a problem getting home as the Slovenian airline, Adria went bust whilst I was there and this meant I had no flight back to Brussels to connect with my flight to Manchester.  David liaised with Just You and they got me flights with Lufthansa via Frankfurt to Manchester and ensured that I had assistance at the airports - I didn't have to do a thing.  This was great until my flight to Manchester was cancelled due to a technical fault and I had to stay in a hotel overnight.  Just You sent me the details of a link to the Martin Lewis money site and an app called Resolver which helped me to put in a claim for compensation.

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip and will be booking further trips with Just You; thinking of the Heart of Alpine Europe for next year.

Hello Ann

Thank you for your resoundingly positive review of the tour (not to mention your kind words about me :shy: ). Slovenia really is such a special little country. I hope to be able to share its boundless delights with many future guests.   

I was so sorry that you experienced transportation difficulties on your homeward journey but it was a pleasure to assist in resolving this particular challenge.

Best wishes

David, Your Just You Tour Manager