DAWNK
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I'm booked on the Salzburg and Vienna - Sounds of Austria on the 4th September departure, flying from Manchester. Looking forward to meeting anyone at the airport or on arrival in  Munich. Also, if anyone has been on this trip last year, it would be good to hear a review from you.

Dawn K

AMG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dawn,

I did this trip last October. Salzburg is lovely and easy to get around, Vienna is huge but lots to see. I did both of the concerts as I’d not done anything like that before, they were different but both enjoyable. The holiday fits lots in without seeming too rushed. We had a problem with a virus which struck down a lot of the group towards the end and was quite nasty but I luckily managed to escape so got to do everything.

Some highlights for me were the Salzburg tour, boat trip down the Danube, Schonbronn palace and I even got to go on the Ferris wheel in Vienna on the last day. I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time.

Annelie

DAWNK
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Annelie,

Thanks for your response. Nice to hear from you. I have been to Vienna 17 years ago on a Prague, Vienna and Budapest tour but only had one night in Vienna so looking forward to having more time there and looking around Salzburg and going to see the concerts.

Have you got any holidays planned for this year?

Dawn

Anna2825
(Member)
Im doing this tour in June 2018 so this was helpful! Thx
Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dawn

I'm on this trip - but flying from Heathrow

Anna

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Everyone,

Shall be going to Salzburg in 2020 on the Oberammergau trip which sounds amazing and I have just done Vienna with my daughters in December for the Christmas Markets. We visited the Prater (Ferris wheel) just as it was getting dark. Disappointed that we did not see James Bond (Living Daylights) and it has certainly changed as now in a type of fun fair park. The hop on /off bus talked only about the Third Man film which I vaguely remember as a child in black and white.

Schronbrunne Palace was disappointing. Got on the hop on/off bus there to find a million others. Do not go unless you have timed visit as our nearest at 10 am was 14.10. We spent a wonderful 2 hours in the Christmas Market in the Courtyard.

We were offered many opportunities to see the Opera, not enough time 😕 

Enjoy

Jan

Caz999
(Member)
'DAWNK' wrote:

Hi,

I'm booked on the Salzburg and Vienna - Sounds of Austria on the 4th September departure, flying from Manchester. Looking forward to meeting anyone at the airport or on arrival in  Munich. Also, if anyone has been on this trip last year, it would be good to hear a review from you.

Dawn K

Caz999
(Member)
'JDAWNK' wrote:

Hi,

Dawn K

Hi I’ve just joined and I was looking at Salzburg and Vienna trip too   I like the idea of the concerts as well    Will take a look over the weekend then let you know if I book

Elfin
  • (Member)
(Member)
For beautiful Central European fin du siecle architecture and a quality experience be sure to visit as many of the Vienna classic coffee houses as possible .....
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
As Elfin suggests, visit the coffee houses ie Central and Sacher- you will not be disappointed 😉 

Jan