Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Angie S' wrote:

Hi Julie,

I think this tour is right up there. I hope I manage to go one day...the varying scenery looks something else. Glad you had a good time and got your sunny day on Easter Island to see it in all its glory.

Angie

Thanks Angie,

I am really pleased you enjoyed Iran

Regards Julie

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'1981Kedi' wrote:

Hi Julie

Enjoyed reading your review of this exciting holiday and I am pleased you had a good time. Having just returned from the Canadian Rockies I can only imagine how stunning the Andes must have been. There was a TV series recently which covered the three great mountain ranges - Rockies, Andes and Himalayas - managed two in my travels but probably will never see the Andes. 

Hope to catch up with you again one day - I'll just have to be more adventurous!

Thank you Kedi,

Hopefully we will meet again one day.  You should really try and do this trip the scenery is amazing. I bet the Rockies were spectacular.

Regards Julie

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Julie

I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed Rapa Nui. The weather can be a bit hit and miss (and always windy!!) but I'm glad you had at least one sunny day to visit Anakena Beach. Did you get to see the sunrise over Tongariki in the end? I believe JY were going to make it an optional excursion so I hope the weather didn't stop you doing that. You're right that the hotels/cabanas are a bit basic but, given the Island's isolation, I think it adds to the charm.

Taffy - In answer to your question about currency - Rapa Nui (Easter Island) has a duel USD/Chilean Peso system but most of the locals prefer pesos (especially at the craft markets) I don't know about Brazil but at Santiago airport they take either USD or Pesos.

Sally/ Bob / Mike / Hils - Not long now guys - it seems like yesterday when you were on 20 months and counting Sally! I hope you are all armed with your 'Companion Guide to Easter Island' (and that you have a fab time in Chile as well...). Say 'Iorana' to the Moai for me and to Chris, Patricia, Ceci or James if you come across them as local step on guides. 9 weeks to go for me :D

All the best

Mandy

Hello Mandy,

I loved Rapa Nui and yes we did get to see the sunrise over Tongariki.  It was spectacular.  Luckily it was on the last day when the sun was shining.  Hopefully the others going in November with have good weather.

Happy travelling

Julie

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Julie

Excellent review, thank you for writing it.

Happy to read your comments about it being a fantastic trip as I am going In February after a lot of dithering regarding the cost, thinking that I could do two long hauls with the cost of just Chile and Easter Island BUT I have always wanted to go to Easter Island.

Have noted that I may need US dollars for Sao Paulo.- That I will need to buy another travel kettle as only one hotel has a kettle. My old kettle was left deliberately in Tibet when I did the Roof of the World trip,because after shopping my luggage was quite over weight.

I am hoping that I will have time to go swimming at Anakena Beach and look for sea turtles at Pea Beach (if I have location correct).

kind regards

Di

Hello Di,

Thank you.  We did get an afternoon free on our first day so hopefully you can take a trip down to Anakena to see the turtles. Alternatively on the last morning there is a couple of hours where we had some free time. 

With regards to the adapter.  The hotel supplied with us one  for our rooms, so don't worry too much about taking one with you.

Have a great time in February

Regards Julie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie

Thank you for the review. I would love to do this trip one of these days so hope Just You do not put it to rest for the next 2-3 years.

Regards

Jaya

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Julie

Thank you for your advice.

Enjoy your next trip wherever you are going.

Kind regards

Di

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Mandy

Thank you for your words of advice regarding Easter Island.

I read your excellent review of EI when you first posted and have been avidly following the thread. I realize your review wasn't of an actual JY holiday.

After a little problem with JY regarding this add-on to EI, I asked and paid JY £25 to try to arrange me a tailor made add-on. It's too long and complicated to write here why there was a problem.

A member of my family had already booked and I should have booked at the same time, but didn't. Anyway whilst I was waiting for JY to sort the tailor made add-on, I e-mailed Easter Island Spirit to ask them to organize my own sightseeing. Lovely reply from James in which he wrote once I knew my dates of travel I needed to tell him, so we could sort out what I wanted to do.

However, JY managed to get me on to the add-on. Therefore I had to contact James again to say all sorted with JY.

Am looking forward to this holiday very much.

Enjoy your return visit for the Festival, Galapagos 2019 then!

Kind regards

Di