BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone,

I'm on the new Crete tour in September and to date, two departures have gone this year.  I'm just wondering if anyone on the forum went on this tour - especially the June date that has just returned?  I'm keen to hear how the later flights worked out, with dinner on arrival and the extra excursion JY have promised us on day 8?  Also a general summary of the food, excursions and hotel would be much appreciated.

Hoping someone can help!

Cheers,

Bob

byerleyrobertson
(Member)
Hi Bob. I was on the June trip. The new flight time is not the best but we stopped for a meal in Heraklion. The meal got variable comments but I was happy with it. The journey to the hotel seemed long because it was late at night and in darkness. However on arrival the hotel were very welcoming and the room that I had was excellent. The hotel is in the harbour on the harbour front with nice views from sea view room.

The hotel is excellent with everything you want for breakfast.

Excursion to Knossos and Heraklion very good, and the museum in Heraklion is worth a visit as is the harbour which is only a short walk away. Visit to the Necropolis is worth it just for the scenic drive through the mountains and folk dancing was good.

The food lesson trip was also very good. Lovely location and very enjoyable meal. There were not enough numbers for white mountain excursion so this was cancelled. The trip to Ayla Tria monestry was a pleasant day out.

We did not have any activity on day 8. I was happy to wander around Chania and have a leisurely meal before returning to the hotel for pick up time.

I really enjoyed Crete and I hope you do too

BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks for your review, I very much appreciate it!  Very glad you enjoyed Crete, I'm so looking forward to it!

Best wishes,

Bob