Deborahwarcup
(Member) (Topic Starter)
It was the most fantastic holiday from start to finish. However it is 'Untold' Cambodia a country that is still new to tourism and you will travel through rural Cambodia and see many unusual sights. View everyday as a new adventure. The your in Cambodia is very full on but you get the chance to relax at a fabulous hotel in Laos. Do not miss this tour.
IanWight
(Member)
I was in Cambodia a few years ago and before I went I viewed it as an add on after what I considered to be the main event - Vietnam. However, Cambodia surpassed all expectations & I have my eye on this as travel on this trip in Cambodia is on the ground whereas before we flew between Phnom Pen & Siam Reap & this gives a chance to see more of this lovely country. Laos was not included on my last visit & this also looks to be rather splendid.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Deborah,

Many thanks for your comments - I was in Cambodia three years ago (like Ian as an add-on to the Vietnam tour) and absolutely loved it.  For this reason, this tour really appeals to me.  If you have the time, could you go into some more detail regarding the particular highlights (apart from the obvious - the Angkor temples!!)?

Best wishes,

Bob

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
This was on my wish list for next year after doing Burma but I have been seduced by other tours.  Really hope it will be around in 2018
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose,

As mentioned above, I did Vietnam and Cambodia in 2013 and wrote a review - here's the link to it:

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-56294.html?highlight=Vietnam+and+Cambodia 

I hope you find it helpful - it covers some of the areas you'll be heading to on the cruise.

Have a brilliant time,

Bob

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose,

Thanks for your kind words!  At the Cu Chi Tunnels, you will have the option of going into some of the tunnels or not - most of our group didn't, as you would have to be quite small to fit inside them!  The funny thing is that the Vietnamese have already enlarged them for tourists and still many of us would struggle with them!  I went part of the way into one of the larger ones and then backed out again!!  There is lots to see there and it is well worth a visit.  Regarding the flight, you will have a monitor in front of you so should have a wide range of films, tv programmes and music to keep you occupied and hopefully you will get a few hours sleep as well.  As far as I remember our flights were with Malaysian Airlines and the food was really good.

All the best,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose

I thoroughly recommend Malaysia Airlines. They are a good Airline - much better than British Airways.

Jaya

SarahS
(Member)
Glad to hear your views on Malaysian  Airlines Jaya.  We are flying them to Burma. In my opinion, nearly every airline is better than BA these days especially long haul.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have never had a problem with BA, but to be honest as long as I get there in one peice I am happy...I do not require much on a flight. I have just booked a flight with BA today, not part of a tour.

Cindy

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Personally I think BA are awful given that they used to be so top notch.  Malaysian Airlines were great when we flew o Burma and of the budget airlines I really rate Jet2.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I totally agree with you Jonah. BA used to be top notch but in my opinion they are now at the bottom, which is a shame. Getting there in one piece is okay, but when you are flying long haul you do need to feel a bit comfortable and not squashed whereby you can't even move and have to sit rigidly for the entire flight!

Jaya