Taffy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Oh dear Bob now you rub salt into the wounds.

You see 2 years ago when we were in Churchill it was a certain Yvette Barnett who 'stole' our near polar bears. Her group, who did everything one day ahead of us, had fantastic sightings, but alas we were left with far polar bear sightings. 

One day I will see a near polar bear in the wild....

Taffy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sorry Taff!  The summer Arctic tour looks wonderful, perhaps I'll get around to doing it one day.  Hope you do too!

Cheers,

Bob

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
great pictures Julie, thanks for sharing
ShelleyB
(Member)
'Julie White' wrote:

Thank you Michelle and Taffy,

It was lovely seeing you both again and the holiday was an amazing experience.  Especially looking for pygmy elephants in the dark on a boat and the guide barking like a dog.  This memory will stay with me for ever I think.

Taffy if you had gone to Singapore you would have definitely seen a polar bear.....

Julie

That was one of my highlights too.  That and the swimming monkeys, that was amazing!

Michelle

Julie White
(Member)
'TimH' wrote:

great pictures Julie, thanks for sharing

Thanks Tim

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julie White' wrote:

Hello Sarah,

Yes it is me and sorry I haven't replied any sooner I just haven't had the time to go on the community.

Here is a link to a few of my favourite pics (no humidity hair in sight )

https://flic.kr/s/aHskAY4zVE 

I hope you like them

Regards Julie

Hi Calm Air Pal,

Fab photos - great to see what you experienced compared to our tour. What camera and lens/lenses did you use? I've just ordered a polarising filter for our trip to Namibia.

See you soon!

Cheers,

Hils

Julie White
(Member)
Hello Hils,

Thank you. I was using my bridge camera, a Panasonic Lumix. so I didn't add any lenses. I will bring this camera with me to Namibia. I bet we will need a polarising filter I will look into getting one.

Not long to go now and I noticed that there are only ten people in this group. Have you been on a tour with such low numbers before?

See you soon

Julie

Robert Kille
(Member)
Hi Julie

I trust you are keeping well im looking forward to meeting up with you again in Feb

just looked at your photos and may I say they were fantastic can you tell me what LUMIX model

camera you have got to get me one

Ps not many of the coach

Take care and see you soon

Robo

Julie White
(Member)
Hello Rob,

I am good thank you looking forward to meeting you again in Burma.  I couldn't take many pics on the coach for obvious reasons.  The only pictures I would of ended up with would of been the floor or ceiling and perhaps you jumping off your seat.  

My bridge camera is the Panasonic lumix FZ1000 and it is a fairly easy camera to use and mostly takes good pictures although it is a bit big and can get in the way a bit.

Not long now for another exciting experience.

See you soon

Julie

Kezzer46
(Member)
Julie, Your pictures are fantastic.

But what I really wanna know is did that man really play the flute with his nose!!!

Thanks

kerry

Julie White
(Member)
Thank you Kerry

It was a lady and yes she did. I don't know how they do it

Regards Julie

SarahS
(Member)
Great pics Julie. Good to hear that your bridge camera, I have a similar one,  worked well in the steamy conditions.   Bodes well for my trip to Borneo.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie,

You got fantastic photos of the orangutans in the wild - my bridge camera (a Canon with 65x zoom) couldn't focus properly on them!  But perhaps they were in a better position for you or the light was different - whatever the reason, you got better pics of them than anyone did in our group!

Hi Kerry,

As someone who was on the previous (May) departure I can vouch that she really did play with her nose - thankfully I was not too close!!

Cheers,

Bob

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie,

As Bob has mentioned, some of us had real problems with our bridge cameras in the high humidity in Borneo. Luckily I took 3 cameras with me (!) and the DSLR probably behaved the best. Bob assures me that the humidity for our Namibia trip will not be a problem, but needless to say I will take all 3 cameras to be on the safe side! I've never been on a JY trip with so few people - the least was Kenya (not JY) when there were 11 of us, and I was the only solo traveller as the rest were all couples - not an overly happy experience, although the wildlife and hot air balloon were brilliant.

See you soon!

Cheers,

Hils

Julie White
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

Great pics Julie. Good to hear that your bridge camera, I have a similar one,  worked well in the steamy conditions.   Bodes well for my trip to Borneo.

Thank you Sarah,

Hopefully you will get some amazing shots.  You will have an amazing time

Regards Julie

Julie White
(Member)
Thank you Bob,

I think it was pure luck that the photo's came out as well as they did plus I think the orang-utans were posing for us.

See you in Burma

Regards Julie

Julie White
(Member)
Hi Hils,

If you are taking three camera we are bound to get some good shots between us.

Lets hope this small group will be a better experience for you. Not long now.

See you soon

Julie

SarahS
(Member)
Whoops, should have written Burma not Borneo.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sarah,

Hils and Chris said that although it was hot, it was not particularly humid in Burma in February so hopefully we will have no camera problems!

All the best,

Bob

SarahS
(Member)
That's  good news. Shall probably bring  my bridge camera with a high end compact as a  backup.  I find its essential to have an eye piece  in bright sunlight.