Jaya
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Monty

Grateful if you could confirm as soon as possible as to when we will be reunited with our suitcases after day 6.  We have been asked to bring a soft holdall or bag for 2 nights when we travel to Abai Lodge by boat.  But on day 8 we are still travelling by boat to Sukau.  Will we get our suitcases on Day 8 as we fly back to Kota Kinabalu on Day 9 or will we not get our suitcases till we get to the airport?  It does matter to know exactly when we will get our suitcases back so we all can pack enough clothes /supplies to last for the duration.  As you know it is going to be very hot and humid so we will need to change the clothes !

Thanks

Jaya

(Member)
Hi Jaya,

On day 6 you will head off to the Abai Jungle Lodge for 2 nights and you will be reunited with your luggage on day 9 of the tour. The tour manager and local guide will be on hand to advise.

You do have a couple of choices of what to do with your luggage whilst on tour, you can either:

a) Pack a smaller bag for this section of your trip and leave your main luggage in the hotel luggage facilities. A suggestion is to use your travelling holdall/rucksack that you take on the flight. It is only 3 nights away from your main luggage, so you will not need to take much.

b) Or you are free to take all of your luggage with you if you are uncomfortable with leaving anything behind.

You are are eligible for 30kg + 7kg of luggage throughout the tour, excluding any connecting flights in the UK. This should be ample and unfortunately, we will not be covering any excess luggage charges.

I am really sorry for any confusion caused, we are still working with the holiday creator and the overseas team to see why this has changed from when Bob raised the question a couple of months ago.

Kindest regards,

Monty

sallyc
(Member)
Jaya

I did a similar trip to Borneo a few years ago which also had a couple of nights in a lodge with a rucksack only allowed. As you say - it was very hot and humid and we soon found out that there was no point showering and changing all the time because within a few minutes you were sweating again. We learned to just accept that you were all going to be a bit of a mess and I have to say that it was quite 'freeing' to go grungy for a few days. Of course the showers and air-conditioning were very welcome at the end but please do all relax and just enjoy the incredible adventure you have ahead of you.

Sally

Jaya
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Monty for your response. If we are allowed to take our suitcases with us, then I may as well do this as you really need to pack for 3 nights and 4 days - nearly half the holiday. We are flying back to Kota Kinabalu on Day 9 and if we are getting the luggage back on that day, then we will have to put all the items we cannot take as hand luggage back in the suitcase (toiletries etc). I will still bring my soft bag with me just in case it is required, but given the choice would rather take the suitcase with me. This is the first date of a new holiday so we are bound to face a few hiccups along the way!!

Best wishes

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Tks for the info Monty, if we have the choice I'll bring my main luggage with me as I have a lot of medication and other bits and pieces that I may need.

Best wishes, 

Bob

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Jaya,

On day 6 you will head off to the Abai Jungle Lodge for 2 nights and you will be reunited with your luggage on day 9 of the tour. The tour manager and local guide will be on hand to advise.

You do have a couple of choices of what to do with your luggage whilst on tour, you can either:

a) Pack a smaller bag for this section of your trip and leave your main luggage in the hotel luggage facilities. A suggestion is to use your travelling holdall/rucksack that you take on the flight. It is only 3 nights away from your main luggage, so you will not need to take much.

b) Or you are free to take all of your luggage with you if you are uncomfortable with leaving anything behind.

You are are eligible for 30kg + 7kg of luggage throughout the tour, excluding any connecting flights in the UK. This should be ample and unfortunately, we will not be covering any excess luggage charges.

I am really sorry for any confusion caused, we are still working with the holiday creator and the overseas team to see why this has changed from when Bob raised the question a couple of months ago.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Hello Monty

Just for the record (and in case you are passing this info to the TM et al), I too will want to keep all my luggage with me for the longest possible time.

Jim

Jaya
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sally

Thanks for the information. I will go along with whatever we are told. If we are only allowed to take a rucksack or a soft holdall then that is what I will do. Will just have to 'smell' for a couple of days! I am well prepared and have got a folding soft bag if needed. I am sure we all are going to have a fantastic time and as you say we all are going to be in a bit of a mess so it will not matter either way and it would be nice not to worry too much about how we looked! Enjoy your river cruise and write a review on your return.

Jaya