Rosamund
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just returned from 5 night walking on the Cote d'Azur break based in Nice. Hotel Nice Riviera was an excellent choice as it was central, quite modern but with character. We ate out twice as a group and then 3 times individually or in our own smaller groups and this worked really well. Obviously there were lots of good restaurants and bars in Nice. First day orientation tour of Nice then free time was just right. For the three full day walks we travelled by coach on the first then used the train for the next two, and again this worked well. We had plenty of free time on the walking days and time for lunch and the walks were moderate in my opinion. There were 15 in the group (3 males) of differing abilities so the walks had to be suitable for the less energetic. It was a good mixture of sightseeing and walking. The French guide was good if a little difficult to understand!

Apart from the stunning scenery of the Riviera and a good mix of personalities in the group, the best thing about the holiday was the Tour Manager - Tessa. She took on board suggestions about the itinerary and was flexible in her approach recognising that it was 'our' holiday, but most of all treated us like friends not clients or children!

I hope this holiday is included in 2016 brochure and would recommend it.:thumbup:

katy1717
(Member)
Hi Rosamund, thanks for the excellent review, glad you had a good trip.

Looks as if the walks were more appropriate for JY than on the first time they ran this holiday, when they were pretty relentless, there wasn't free time and lunches were a quick sandwich at a short stop. We also went by bus the first days walk and then by train the next two, which was not a problem. Looks as if JY have taken on board the issues on the first group trip. It always looked like a good trip and I'm sure it can only improve with everyones feedback.

Katy