elliejane
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Have just returned from Costa de la Luz. Great Holiday.

The hotel is very big, rooms very spacious and kept to a high standard of cleanliness

The food however although varied is not great, the hot food is not hot and the meat was tough, very difficult to eat.

The sea view balconies have lovely views but overlook the pool area where the entertainment is held. This is very loud and lasts to 11:30pm or 12am most nights. It is to a high standard though.

There are NOT JY reps at all UK airports as suggested on the website but the airport staff are helpful.

The hotel is next to a lovely sandy beach where it is safe to swim in warm sea.

Overall I did have a great holiday and will be booking again, just have to decide where and when to go.

Bosuncat
(Member)
'elliejane' wrote:

Have just returned from Costa de la Luz. Great Holiday.

The hotel is very big, rooms very spacious and kept to a high standard of cleanliness

The food however although varied is not great, the hot food is not hot and the meat was tough, very difficult to eat.

The sea view balconies have lovely views but overlook the pool area where the entertainment is held. This is very loud and lasts to 11:30pm or 12am most nights. It is to a high standard though.

There are NOT JY reps at all UK airports as suggested on the website but the airport staff are helpful.

The hotel is next to a lovely sandy beach where it is safe to swim in warm sea.

Overall I did have a great holiday and will be booking again, just have to decide where and when to go.

Glad that you had a generally good time. I have to agree with you about the food in some aspects, although I always found something to eat.

I do agree with you about the lack of reps at the airport. Last year I flew (to Costa de la Luz) from Birmingham for the first time and there were no reps at the airport (not the first time this has happened to me). We did not meet our TM until we got to the hotel;. More importantly coming back there was no one to help us at Faro Airport as we had left the TM at the hotel.

jintzky
(Member)
:)I am just back from Costa de la luz - had great time! The hotel is lovely - but worth paying extra for a sea view preferably on the top floor ! I wasnt affected by any noise from the entertainment. Good choice of food - something for everyone! The all inclusive was new to me but didnt take me long to get used to it! I think there were too many included excursions - two would have been plenty!! Also our tour guide talked too much on the bus - please only talk in 10 min bursts after that anyone loses concentration!! I didnt feel she was a good organiser of a group - perhaps there was too many of us? She could have made things a lot easier for herself had she been more organised and made an effort to get round the group. She had no sense of humour - just loosen up a bit and relax and enjoy! Met some lovely people, had good laugh and shall be back!!
katy1717
(Member)
Thanks elliejane and jintzky for the excellent reviews, this is a holiday I would like to do as its not an area of Spain I have been to. It sounds as if you both had a good time despite a few niggles.

Katy

daveJB
(Member)
Hello all, I was also on this holiday, my second at this resort, and I also had a great time, and I agree mostly with the above. A rep at Gatwick would not bother me and in Faro we were met by a Spanish lady but one person not turning up did not help. The choice of food is huge and very good, the rooms, at least mine, was spacious and clean, tours were good if are interested in history, Gina the tour rep does tend to ramble a bit but dose do an excellent job overall considering the very large group, the hotel is in a great position on the miles long sandy beach. I would consider going back again in a couple of years time. 10/10

Dave.