pottingshead
(Member) (Topic Starter)
My second just you city trip , The Kowloon Hotel is in a great spot , hotel was ideal clean breakfast was really good . I found the trip had to much free time , if you don't like being on your own and are. Nervous Going out you will spend a lot of time in your room . Day one having arrived checked in about 2pm you have free time , day 2 after morning trip you get back about 2pm more free time , day 3 after half day foodie trip free time , day 4 free time till pick up 11.30. Found with it being an add on the ones that had been together all week stayed together .
DavidG
(Member)
Don't be put off. I have been to Hong Kong twice now en route to Australia and New Zealand. I found plenty to keep me occupied with plenty of excursions available which the hotel will arrange for you.

A fascinating place and so cheap! Do give it a try.

wesspan
(Member)
It's interesting to read your review and experiences. My family are from HK, so I don't find it too difficult to navigate, but there is a minor language barrier and the crowds can be overwhelming.

How did you think it was compared to your first city break? Did you expect more guided tours due to the different culture/ language?

I was surprised this was a destination offered as a City Break - would JY consider making it a tour in future, as I think there are some sights which aren't covered in the current itinerary?