Mick W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Interesting place and well worth visiting, the excurrsions were good albeit that it rained and spoiled Montenegro a bit but expect the odd bad day in december.

Dubrovnik is nice and friendly so no issues.

Only problem is something JY need to deal with, the hotel meals were terrible, virtually every night very similar choices and poorly cooked to go with it.

Christmas dinner took the biscuit same soups we had most of the week, Beef (more like oxo cube in water) and vegetable (i think), piece of fat called beef along with cold veg for mains, everything was tasteless.

Same boring sweets we had all week.

Not a cracker to pull and had to wait two courses for my drink to arrive as only one lady seemed to be serving.

They did provide a slightly improved meal that evening instead of the light supper and gave us all one free glass of wine, believe this was after V (tour manager) complained.

Some of us ate out a couple of times and believe me you can get very nice food in Croatia just not at the Hotel Lero. Still its wrong we have to go out and pay when we have booked a half board holiday.

Another problem for those that wanted to celebrate "Christmas in Croatia" as the holiday was advertised was that the bar closed early every night including 10-30pm on xmas eve, again not good enough for a chrimmy holiday.

Not leting the above things spoil my holiday i really enjoyed the area and would advise others to go. Also everything else about the hotel including rooms, staff and location were fine in my opinion.

For those interested have wrote a more detailed report of the holiday on my blog you can read here -

http://micks-travels.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/christmas-in-croatia.html 

Will post link to all my photos when sorted fully.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the Community and I'm sorry to hear that the meals weren't up to standard.

I have spoken to my colleague in the customer care team and I understand that this is something that is already being looked into. I have forwarded on your comments (along with the link to your full review) but I would still urge you to complete your customer questionnaire when you receive this.

Again I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the meals but pleased that you enjoyed the area.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Julia,

Thanks for the reply and will fill in the questionaire.

Be very surprised if the vast majority on the trip dont say the same but wouldn't let it put anyone off going its still a great trip that i fully enjoyed.

Pleased JY are looking into it, its important that these things can be sorted for the benefit of future travellers.

Mick.

Bosuncat
(Member)
Had read your blog Mick, so knew about the food issue. Such a shame!
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for posting your review Mick, sorry the food wasn't up to par!!! Have read your full blog well done for the detailed report.

So HOW many hols you sorted out for 2015!!!!

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Photos now on Flickr, gives a idea of how much its a nice part of the world :-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8308363@N02/sets/72157647739421454/ 

Didn't let food spoil the holiday, its a great place to visit, in fact been positive the hotel food encouraged me to eat out and visit a cracking restaurant one night. It was in the city not old town, taxi driver suggested it to us when we asked for his recommendation.

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Thanks for posting your review Mick, sorry the food wasn't up to par!!! Have read your full blog well done for the detailed report.

So HOW many hols you sorted out for 2015!!!!

Cindy,

So far just "Walking in Tuscany" in April, but got a few ther options i'm considering.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick

The photos are great! I had Tim hovering over my shoulder whilst I was having a nosy and he asked if I could possibly submit the usual request - please can we use some of these to create a Croatia album? We've had some nice shots from fellow traveller Simon and TM Vlatka for this trip so it would be great to supplement these from another point of view.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Mick

The photos are great! I had Tim hovering over my shoulder whilst I was having a nosy and he asked if I could possibly submit the usual request - please can we use some of these to create a Croatia album? We've had some nice shots from fellow traveller Simon and TM Vlatka for this trip so it would be great to supplement these from another point of view.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia,

Yes of course you can.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick,

Sorry to hear that the food ruined your experience! One can allow some variation but it seems that on this occasion it really spoiled it for you. It is such a shame as Croatia is a brilliant country.

Mark

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mick, i love your blog, it is amazing, and has wetted my appetite for September!

Mark

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
And brilliant photos as well!

Mark

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
TonyW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick

Great blog and photos. Glad you had a good time but was let down with hotel food. Food seems a problem with some hotels.

Happy New Year Mick and all at Just You and all on community.

Tony:thumbup:

Keep travelling this is real life not a rehearsal

aw1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick,

Really enjoyed reading your blog, lots of great stuff on there. Sorry the food wasn't good but sounds like you still had a nice holiday.

Amanda

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'gill2010' wrote:

Hi Mick

Great blog and photos. Glad you had a good time but was let down with hotel food. Food seems a problem with some hotels.

Happy New Year Tony, any travel plans for this year ?

TonyW
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'gill2010' wrote:

Hi Mick

Hi Mick

Going to Kefalonia in May with Thomas Cook sea sun eating and drinking. Book with Just You Magnificent Lake Garda in September. Have you got any travel plans.

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'gill2010' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

'gill2010' wrote:

Hi Mick

Hi Mick

Going to Kefalonia in May with Thomas Cook sea sun eating and drinking. Book with Just You Magnificent Lake Garda in September. Have you got any travel plans.

Hi Tony,

Just got "Walking in Tuscany" booked in April, currently looking at other options at present. May do something before then.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick,

Just looking at your blog again! Brilliant pictures of Cilento- it brought back many happy memories!

Mark