Gwyn
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This was my first city break with JY and it was perfect!! It always helps if you have a great group, and this was probably the finest bunch of reprobates I have ever holidayed with!

The hotel was much better that I expected a city centre example to be, although the one meal we had there was disappointing. My room was clean, spacious and had a safe as well as some nice smellies which were topped up daily! The bar was good, many developed a taste for the Aprillo spritzer!

Our tour guide and local guide were both excellent. The itinerary worked well, some of us bundled along to everything, others preferred to dip in and out, which gave each activity a different mix of people.

I really enjoyed the morning in Fisole, I understand this had originally been planned as an opportunity to use local buses, but that idea has been abandoned and we had our own coach. The ancient theatre there is well worth a visit! Good coffee too!

The one suggestion I make is that many of us felt the meal in a typically Tuscan restaurant was too meaty and hearty for us. Our guide did tell us what it would be like, but I went along anyway, and rather regretted it. I'm not a vegetarian, but this was too much for me! I think it's more of a venue for locals and for visiting foodies! We preferred a place called ZaZa which offered pizza, pasta and so on and has an excellent vibe.

I will definitely go on another JY city break after this brilliant first taste!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Gwyn

Sounds like you had great fun thank you for leaving a review.

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thank you Gwyn.

I loved Florence on my brief taster of it last year on the Tuscany trip and plan to go back at some point as we had such a brief time there.