janib
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
First time to Austria, Switzerland and Leichenstein and I had such a great time. Hotel in Feldkirch was very good except for the view, end room on the first floor overlooking a busy coach park with a very tall bushy tree obscuring most of the view from my window. First and 5th day, they were still doing our rooms- free coffee on the 1st day, Toblerone and Prosecco on the 5th day!

Loved the varying forms of transport- ratchet train from Rheineck, post bus and the Glacier Express. The weather was perfect- even at St Moritz which is over 6,000 feet up and 18 degrees in the sun. Ravensberg and Lindau are beautiful. The brewery tour was poor- waited forever for our lunch, they were more interested in the large group who needed to be served. Wanted to buy a beer glass for one of my daughters, none in stock- waiting for a delivery- Elaine, our tour guide, managed to get me one for 3 euros which had already been used!

Lots of coffee and cake, great company- loved this trip :)

Jan.

Hayles
  • (Member)
(Member)
I recently did this trip...... Overall it was good, good hotel, good guide and i never drank as much coffee in a week as i did on this trip! Lol

Hayley