RogertheRed
(Member) (Topic Starter)
For "marks" as promised and anyone else who wishes to read it.

On the whole a good holiday. The scenery is spectacular and the journey from Split to Gradac is worth the price of the holiday alone.

The Pinija hotel in Petrcane is satisfactory but the Lubineca in Gradac is below par. However they are not as bad as Tripadvisor suggests.

No really early starts.

Optional trips:- Did not do the Krka National Park but those who did enjoyed it. There is little to do or see in Petrcane if you do not go on the trip other than sea bathing and a walk along the promenade. The trip to Makarska seemed expensive at £40 for 45 minutes of travelling each way, an hours tour and one drink. But a worthwhile visit.

Included excursions:- Zadar, Split & Dubrovnik good. We did not get to Hvar as the Tour Manager gave us the option of a trip to Korcula (purported birthplace of Marco Polo) by way of secret vote. With no independent observers it was more like a Zimbabwian election. It was obvious he was under instructions to get this trip altered. It involved over 6 hours on a boat to visit a village that took no more than half an hour to see everything together with an apology of a meal (fish or chicken & a cabbage salad) and paint stripper wine. I do not think this was JY's fault but the Croation tour organisers.

However do not let this put you off although not quite up to JY's usual standards it is still a good holiday and you see plenty of Dalmatia.

RogertheRed
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Further to my previous note I see that the Lubineca hotel has been dropped for next year. The new one sounds a lot better.
Bosuncat
(Member)
'Roger wrote:

Further to my previous note I see that the Lubineca hotel has been dropped for next year. The new one sounds a lot better.

It's a beautiful part of the world, I went to Makarska many years ago and the scenery is stunning. Shame that everything wasn't up to standard. That new hotel looks a lot better but I can't really understand why they didn't base in Makarska for the second part of the holiday. The town is nice with a fair few bars as I remember.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roger, the new hotel probably accounts for the slight increase in price!

So to clarify, the included excursion of Hvar was changed to Korcula why?

Thanks

RogertheRed
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi marks,

I believe this was the fault of the Croation tour organisers. We were left without a coach so they had to find a trip that went from the local port, Gradac, where we could walk to the boat. I have reported this to JY so hopefully it will not happen again.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yeah, thats pretty rubbish and i hope JY will rctify but i guess if it's the fault of the croatia agencies, we can let them off. After the Istrian tour, i have been dying to visit this part of Croatia but i hate being the tester group on a hoiliday. Also desperately trying to fit in Slovenia!

Mark