RogertheRed
(Member) (Topic Starter)
What a fabulous holiday.

Good hotels and food, only the Banana Leaf restaurant in Hoi An did not come up to expectations.

The overnight boat trip in Halong Bay saved a long days travelling and many miles and it was well worthwhile. Although we only had rain one night we had little sun until we reached the south. Temp reached 37 degrees in Saigon after 12 in Hanoi.

I did not do the excursion to My Son prefering to have a day of rest but the rest of the trips were excellent. A must is the war museum in Saigon, it shows the war from the VC perspective and not the american one we are used to. If you are squeamish miss out the second level, but it opens your eyes to what the americans did.

Because ot the long flight I would recommend the Cambodia add on if you have the time. I couldn't manage it.

A marvelous holiday thanks to Alison the Tour Manager and Laki the local guide and not a MacDonalds in sight.

discovermag
(Member)
Hi Roger,

Could I quote some of your Vietnam write-up in the next issue of Discover, the Travelsphere/Just You magazine? You can mail me directly at dean.evans@futurenet.com.

Thanks!

'Roger wrote:

What a fabulous holiday.

Good hotels and food, only the Banana Leaf restaurant in Hoi An did not come up to expectations.

The overnight boat trip in Halong Bay saved a long days travelling and many miles and it was well worthwhile. Although we only had rain one night we had little sun until we reached the south. Temp reached 37 degrees in Saigon after 12 in Hanoi.

I did not do the excursion to My Son prefering to have a day of rest but the rest of the trips were excellent. A must is the war museum in Saigon, it shows the war from the VC perspective and not the american one we are used to. If you are squeamish miss out the second level, but it opens your eyes to what the americans did.

Because ot the long flight I would recommend the Cambodia add on if you have the time. I couldn't manage it.

A marvelous holiday thanks to Alison the Tour Manager and Laki the local guide and not a MacDonalds in sight.

RogertheRed
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'discovermag' wrote:

Hi Roger,

Could I quote some of your Vietnam write-up in the next issue of Discover, the Travelsphere/Just You magazine? You can mail me directly at dean.evans@futurenet.com.

Thanks!

'Roger wrote:

What a fabulous holiday.

Hi Dean,

Of course you can. Just had an e-mail from Julia requesting the same thing.

Regards,

Roger.